Debra "queen of wallpaper printies"

pin1056

I'm sorry to let you all know that one of our members Debra has passed away on Wednesday :lol:

Debra and i talked on MSN everyday for the last 3 years and although we never 'met' in person she was one of my closest friends....... she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in March and was upbeat to the end ...always the joker :hmm:

I'm glad i got to know her well and we 'met' on this forum...such a great place and great people reconfirmed!

We used to laugh and joke all the time and were always dual building something via msn chat...what fun!! cut this...yes... stick that...yes... look at mine *send pic ... gawd nothing like mine :p

i'll always remember her with a smile on my face :D nite my new friend .... *waving

• Like 1

Oh, Linda, what sad news. Special hugs to you on the loss of a friend. I, too, have lost internet friends. The grief is no less real.

Do you have an address for her son? If so, would you PM it to me, please? I'd like to send a condolence note.

For newcomers who may not be aware of the contribution Debra made to the forum, check out her Gallery.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Didn't know the lady, but did know her marvelous work. Thank you, Kathie, for reminding us all of her major talent. I'll be spending some serious time paying my very great respects to the lady in browsing through her Gallery. A loss to us all for certain.

And hugs for you, Linda - you don't have to meet someone face to face to share your hearts.

Oh, how horribly sad. Thanks for letting us know Linda. I was thinking about her just a couple of days ago (probably Wednesday actually) thinking that she hadn't been around in a while and wondering if she was okay. I do love her printie album, you can find any wallpaper you need in there.

My thoughts are with her family, and lots of hugs to you too Linda.

Sending hugs to you Linda and strength to Debra's family. I'm sure she will have such fun building minis galore where she is now. We'll just have to imagine her fabulous projects while we look at her gallery of past projects.

Linda I am very sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I did not know Debra on a personal level, but I did admire her work and contribution to our Greenleaf family. Her passing is a great loss to the miniature community and we are all little sadder for it...

I am so sorry to hear this :p She was such a bright spot of sunshine here as part of our Greenleaf family. She will be missed! Linda, I am so sorry you lost your friend. It's amazing how close we can become to someone when we have met only via the internet. Sending Love & hugs to you and her family.

When I saw the heading it brought a smile to my face, because I've used her printies in my Pierce, so I was profoundly shocked and saddened to see the content of the thread. In the era of the global village, I know many of you far better than I know people three doors down the street.

I remember starting a birthday thread for her last year because I was a big fan of her and her printie gallery.

A big hug to you, Linda, and all who feel Debra's absence. :p She will be missed.

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Debra was such a sweetheart. I had missed seeing her here on the forum lately and had no idea that she was so ill. She had a great sense of humor and I always enjoyed talking with her here. I remember dubbing her "queen of wallpaper printies" and how fun it was for her to become "titled" miniature royalty. We'll retire her title with her. She was a great miniaturist and a very sweet person. Linda, I'm sorry that you have lost your friend.

Deb

I am really sorry to hear about Debra, she was such a sharing and loving person and I missed her around here as well. Thank you for letting us know, I know she will be missed by a lot of people all around the world!

HUGS

Oh! That is sad. I have her gallery bookmarked to print wallpapers when my printer is working again. So sorry that you have lost a friend and so sad for the GL family. Hugs to you and a hearty wave upwards to Debra. May she have unlimited access to every mini supply she ever wanted. :)

I am also saddened by the news of Debra's passing. She was a very generous person - her printies have been enjoyed by so many of us - and she will be missed. :p

My condolences to her family, and to you, too, Linda. Good friends are not easy to come by, and whether near or far, they are to be cherished for as long as we have them. :)