I Knew Something Was Wrong!

Merry

I went to my regular eye exam a few days ago. My eyes are eight (8!) times worse than they were one year ago.

I have cateracts so badly that I have to have (or I get to have) implants in my eyes. I should be able to see 20/20. Even if I have to have reading glasses, it's okay!

I AM IN HOG HEAVEN!!!!

I'M GOING TO SEE AGAIN! HALLEJULAH!! :lol:

(I'm going to ask for deep blue. :D )

Lloyd is also delighted with his new lenses. He was a bit trepidatious and had one done ... and on the way home he wondered out loud why he hadn't had both of them done at the same time! Men.

They're clear, Mary ... I hope you didn't have your heart set on blue eyes! :lol:

My husband said it was a whole new world after he got his done. He'd worn glasses since high school, and now doesn't need them at all...makes me wish I could have the same surgery!

Sherry, My husband had implants several years ago. I felt the same way as you. :yes:

Lloyd is also delighted with his new lenses. He was a bit trepidatious and had one done ... and on the way home he wondered out loud why he hadn't had both of them done at the same time! Men.

They're clear, Mary ... I hope you didn't have your heart set on blue eyes! :D

I have worn glasses since I was in the 1st grade. My high school graduation gift was contact lenses, and I wore them until a few years ago when my eyes became too dry. I know the implants are clear. :D Besides I already have blue eyes.

Although, here's a thought:

I'm waiting not too patiently for our opthamologist to let me know when he wants to take out my cataracts! DH decided 20 minutes before my appointment in Tallahassee that he didn't want to drive me for my haircut, and it was the first time I've driven myself anywhere in nearly two years, and my eyes are a LOT worse for driving!

Congrats! I can't wait till you have your new eyes and can see your mini's! You might have a new OutLOOK <snickers>

It will be nice to actually see my minis. :yes:

I'm waiting not too patiently for our opthamologist to let me know when he wants to take out my cataracts! DH decided 20 minutes before my appointment in Tallahassee that he didn't want to drive me for my haircut, and it was the first time I've driven myself anywhere in nearly two years, and my eyes are a LOT worse for driving!

Oh, Holly, that's when I first noticed my eyesight had changed. I hate to wish you luck on having worse cataracts, but good luck! :D

I'm 26, and my vision is TERRIBLE, I'm legally blind without contacts or glasses. So, I feel your pain! My father is about to have cataract surgery done; and he is very apprehensive about it. I just tell him that it will be wonderful and he will be able to SEE!!

Thanks(?), Mary. I don't want worse cataracts, I just want them OUT!

HaHa! I'm sorry. I meant that you will qualify to have implants. I hope that makes sense. :D

I'm 26, and my vision is TERRIBLE, I'm legally blind without contacts or glasses. So, I feel your pain! My father is about to have cataract surgery done; and he is very apprehensive about it. I just tell him that it will be wonderful and he will be able to SEE!!

Your dad will be very happy. I remember when my husband first saw out of the first eye he had done, he couldn't believe it. It's like a miracle. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hope all goes well. My own problems have let me know eye sight is something very precious and any improvement is a gift. Everyone I know who has had the cataract surgery has been really pleased. I just wish it would be possible for my problem!

Mary this is exciting news!! I am so happy for you! To not be able to see clearly is not fun. I broke my favorite pair of glasses a few weeks back and am wearing my ugly ones (They have my current prescription). But I rather wear my ugly glasses than not be able to see good. So I know you must be excited to have the cataracts removed and have the lenses implanted. No glasses or contacts sounds like a dream!

Hope all goes well. My own problems have let me know eye sight is something very precious and any improvement is a gift. Everyone I know who has had the cataract surgery has been really pleased. I just wish it would be possible for my problem!

Thank you, Beverly. I consider this a miracle. I'm not sure why you cannot see well, but I hope that someday there will be an answer for your problem eyes. :rant:

Mary this is exciting news!! I am so happy for you! To not be able to see clearly is not fun. I broke my favorite pair of glasses a few weeks back and am wearing my ugly ones (They have my current prescription). But I rather wear my ugly glasses than not be able to see good. So I know you must be excited to have the cataracts removed and have the lenses implanted. No glasses or contacts sounds like a dream!

Oh, thank you, Tracy! <ahttp://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/\html\style_emoticons\/original.gif' alt=':)'> I do feel like l'm dreaming. I remember when my mom brought my first pair of glasses to me at school (1st grade). I put them on in the car, and for the first time I actually saw the individual leaves on a tree. I didn't know trees had individual leaves!

To be able to see, whether with glasses or implants, is a tremendous gift.

(Actually, I don't think I can truly imagine what it's going to be like.) :no:

GOod luck with your surgery. I have been near sighted almost all my life and I do not know what it would be like to see 20/20 without glasses or contacts. I hope everything goes well and that you have a good first sight!!!

Hi Mary,

Just to lt you know, my problem had nothing to do with cataract surgery!!

My eye problem was a detached retina and it took six surgeries over nearly 10 months to nail down. The process so demoralized my very proficient and highly experienced surgeon that after the fourth he refused to do the follow on and his partner had to take over. This last one about six weeks ago took a very aggressive approach and finally seems to have done the trick but the eyeball was so traumatized from all the surgeries that there is still swelling and as a result my ability to focus both eyes on an object together has been difficult. My depth perception was and is still lousy. It is slowly getting better but it may never be at the level it was before the detachment. I could not do a lot with my minis during that period and missed being able to drive.

Crazy as it seems I have started working on the quarter scale cottages. Have now completed four with three left to do. I have had to wait on the little furniture kits cause they are just too small for me to see the details even with a magnifying glass! LOL!!! I refuse to give up and that d@#$% eye will not hold me back from my minis!

I repeat. My problem has nothing to do with cataract surgery so should not cause any kind of reluctance on anyone's part to have it.

Thank you, everyone!

The surgery was a piece of cake. Everything went well.

The next day I had to go back to the doctor's office for him to check my eye, and to also do an eye test.

I can see better than 20/20!!!

I'll have my other eye fixed on the 26th.

Thank you, God! :angry:

Having cataracts removed was the best surgery of my life. It normalized my eyes completely! Better than even before I had cataracts. Don't be afraid of this surgery at all, it's fabulous!