Important-help us check on Rhonda!

Sherry

Anyone here live near Lexington, Kentucky? Several of us are very worried about Rhonda from the Bluegrass. She is not answering email, and that's not normal for her. She was having trouble getting over her surgery, but there's no one at her house but her to answer the phone, and I don't know her folks' name. If anyone lives there, or goes there occasionally, it would be great if someone could try to contact her, or go by her house and see if there's anyone living there!

I would like to say PLEASE be careful sharing other forum members personal info like Home addresses or phone numbers. I am not sure I would feel comfortable having someone show up at my house (especially when I don't "know them" in my real life). We have had this issue a few years ago with a member and they were eventually banned from being here because they took it too far.

I have met several people in person on the forum and they were all Great experiences, but I knew they were coming over and it was planned. That's one thing I do love about this forum. One suggestion I would like to give is if you do have her home address, why not send her a card. I have done that in the past to people I have not heard from in a while and it helped me to stay in touch with them even though they are no longer on the forum as much. Some took a very long time to reply because they had real life issues going on. I also want to know how she is doing. I was wondering about her about a week ago because the last I remember, she wanted to work but could not because physically she still was not ready to.

Please try and keep others info private if they trust you with it. Thank You everyone for doing this! :)

When last we communicated (a few weeks ago), she mentioned family issues that could take her out of town. I think Tracy's suggestion to send a card via snail mail is a good one.

I have been wondering about Rhonda, too. I PM'd her last week about a stove/sink tutorial that she wanted and I wrote up for her and she hasn't responded. I hope all is ok with her.

If anyone wants the stove/sink tutorial (shown in my gallery), you can PM me about it. Since I wrote it up, I just have to make copies. And I don't know how to add it to the forum.

I will be away until the 12th, though, in case I don't respond.

Susan, you can PM one of the admins about adding your tutorial to that section.

I'm very uncomfortable with people's ability to access all our personal info online, as it is (the person Tracy referred to stalked a few of us even after being banned. I will most definitely not give personal contact info for another member to anyone else.

You stop it now Sherry. You are being a concerned friend. That is all.

You did not know about the stalking stuff and now you do. I think sending her a card in the regular mail is a good idea also.

((((Big Hugs))))) and remember what I said.. Glee! ROFL

No, I just have a gift for doing the wrong thing...but always with good intentions, if that counts!

Sherry, don't go with those negative thoughts! You are concerned about a friend, that's good.

1 Sam 16:7 … People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at a person's thoughts and intentions."

It's too bad the weirdos had to jump into cyberspace to continue their ugly crimes. Hopefully we will find out soon that Rhonda is just fine :)

I'm very uncomfortable with people's ability to access all our personal info online, as it is (the person Tracy referred to stalked a few of us even after being banned.

Holly, this is the first I've heard of something like this. When you say "stalking" was that harassing with online communications or actually coming by someone's physical location? That would definitely be creepy!

I suppose I'm a bit wacko myself, but I've had fun twice with online fraud-persons. Strung one of them along and then turned him over to the FBI. The second one I strung along until he actually sent me a check for about $3,000. (Their plan is for you to deposit the check, which is way over the purchase price of the item, then you wire the "change" back -- and, of course, their check bounces so you're out whatever you "returned".) After receiving their check I emailed back with a totally dumb-blond attitude: bank wouldn't take the check, went to the back room with it, everybody whispering and making photocopies, etc, etc. After receiving my email they never contacted me again. :)

However, online stalking, or actual physical stalking, is much worse than online phishing!

Scamming the scammers is so much fun, isn't it?

Sherry, it depends on how worried you are. Some people who live alone could be missing for a week or more and if they have had a bad fall or a stroke, that time before they're found could be fatal for them.

What I would do if you're really worried and you have the address is to call the local police department and have them make a welfare check. Rhonda might be annoyed and upset about that, but I'm more willing to bet she'd be grateful you were thinking of her in that regard. And if she's in trouble, the cops can find it out now and I think you can ask them to give you a call back.

Sherry, I'm wondering if Rhonda may have gone to stay with her parents or her brother considering that her Dad was not well. If the house is locked up and the police can't get a response might they break in to check? If everything is ok that would seriously annoy Rhonda. If you could contact her brother that might be the answer.

I am also worried as I told you in my message because she hasn't responded to my pms either. Could you contact her workplace?

Great news.

I posted a response to this about an hour ago but its vanished????? The same happened to me with a post I added to the "what are you working on today " thread. Either I'm going completely crazy or something is amiss.