Awesome!!!!

Deb

If you haven't seen this blog before, you're missing out on a whole lot of awesome things.....literally!!

http://1000awesomethings.com/

I can't remember the last time I've read something that just immediately put me in a better mood. The author has a way of putting things into perspective and he does it with a lot of humor and a very infectious positive attitude. After reading just three or four pages, I was smiling and the smile stayed with me all day. It's not about huge inspirations or major events........it's all about recognizing the little things in life that are teeny moment of awesome in every day. And if that doesn't lift your spirits, you need to check your pulse. LOL!!

So I had to share it with you guys coz we all need a little awesome in our lives to make us smile. I thought it would be fun to share some of our awesome moments with each other too. Go read a little bit in this blog first. Really. Just a few pages (but I bet you get hooked and want to read thru the whole thing--I couldn't stop once I got started). Did you read a little bit? Did it make you smile? <nodding> I thought it would!

Let's share our own awesome happenings with each other. I'll start.

I woke up this morning but fell asleep again for an hour. That's the very best sleep that there is! It's not deep sleep--it's more like a twilight sleep when you're almost awake but your subconscious mind tells you that it's okay to snuggle down in bed for another hour. When I woke up I felt sooooo much better than I had the hour before. That perfect hour of sleep was awesome!!

Who's next?

Every day I wake up is awesome; when I got my pacemaker I realized that if I hadn't gone to the doctor that morning to get my perscriptions renewed and he hadn't picked up on my being in total heart block, I wouldn't have waked up the next morning; so every day is another gift from God.

Awesome is realizing that just when you think you've become obsolete in your teenage granddaughter's life, you see she posted for all her friends to see a quote from you.."you never get to old or big to sit in Nana's lap" on her facebook page.

or

after 40 years of marriage, your better half still tells you truthfully that you are the most important person in his world, especially when you know he is more important in yours.

Awesome to me is having adopted a new daughter and her family! She is one of the Greenleafers on here from Canada. Liza came to visit me in May/June and stayed on for three weeks. We had a lot of fun together, and are very very close! and that is totally AWESOME to me!

And awesome for me is my new Mama Wolfie! I love her so much! Not a day goes by without us IM'ing! My 14 year old daughter has even started to talk to her and call her Gramma. I bless the day we first connected and thank Holly very much for starting the process along. I don't know where I'd be without my Mama, and I can't wait to go back and see her again!

:iza, I'm just a wee bit jealous that you're close enough to play minis with the Wolfmeister. My daughter is Tracy, from 'way back on the original DHM forum, and my twin sister is Deb,

Don't be jealous, Holly. It took me all day, two planes and a passport to get to Seeley Lake, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I could. Once a year is nowhere near enough for seeing my Mama!

I was up earlier than usual this morning and when I stumbled into the kitchen looking for caffeine with only one eye open, I heard a bird singing outside. I looked out the kitchen window and saw a pretty little bird with a red crest and yellow beak sitting on a branch just a few feet from my window, singing as happy as he could be. A nice cool breeze came thru the window and suddenly I felt as fresh and cool and happy as that little bird. Awesome!

Deb

We recently adopted a male 4-1/2 month old kitten from the Humane Society here, and will be getting a second one soon. Chester is the most awesome little cat I have ever met - he felt right at home within a few hours and has done wonders with how my daughter is feeling. I am so happy that we decided to return to being a cat family!

post-3775-1282248448_thumb.jpg

post-3775-1282248498_thumb.jpg

Beans is a good name for that one! Does she do the run-around-the-room-bouncing-off-the-walls? When we lived in Jacksonville the neighbors we bought our fresh shrimp from had miniature Siamese cats, and I got to witness what the family called "the evening crazies" when I went to pick up an order.

Ah, yes, the "evening crazies"! What cat person hasn't experienced those? In my Koko's case it takes the form of him going in and out all night, with each "in" trip with him coming into my bedroom and telling me what all he's seen/smelled/heard/felt out there in the night....usually at the top of his lungs. Oh, and he must be petted while he tells me all this....:welcome:

There's been more than once when I've said to him "I don't care if there's a stegosaurus out there in the yard - you can tell me all about it in the morning! LET ME SLEEP!!!" But I still petted him, of course. :)

Beans is a good name for that one! Does she do the run-around-the-room-bouncing-off-the-walls? When we lived in Jacksonville the neighbors we bought our fresh shrimp from had miniature Siamese cats, and I got to witness what the family called "the evening crazies" when I went to pick up an order.

Well, she doesn't exactly bounce off the walls, but bedtime for us seems to be playtime for her. For such a tiny kitten, she is so full of energy that it sometimes seems as if she rarely stops being on the go! Also, she seems to purr pretty much at the drop of a hat, and her motor is quite loud! However, she is still an awesome kitten.

P.S. My DH started calling her Bean Sprout a day or two ago because she is so small. I just call her Baby Beans.

I have been having a rough time lately as you all know and I just could never think of anything very awesome.

Today is kinda awesome though for three things. Our friend, Deb, came out of the surgery a-ok and she should be on her way home soon.

My weather is so Autumn like. I have every window open in the house and the girls put jackets on when they went out today.

And thirdly, my strawberry jam set very nicely this past batch. They are going to make some nice gifts.

I gave a jar to Lu`s groomer the other day as part of her tip and she almost fell over with delight! LOL Fred says it is because not many people can anymore. So when you find out somebody does, you want some.

Only one jar did not gel. It was one of the tiny ones. We can use it to pour over ice cream.

Still think it's Awesome that we heard little Bella in our bushes a few weeks ago.It's been soooooooo hot down here in Texas that she surely would have died if not fot the rescue!

Also awesome that the other pets tolerate her...she plays with,hits,jumps on,stalks

all the other cats and dogs we have.Hopefully she'll calm down!! :welcome:

First pic....chewing Shannon's tail....2nd pic-being cute!!

post-3636-1282747167_thumb.jpg

post-3636-1282747187_thumb.jpg

When I got up today and wandered into the kitchen, the sun was positioned just right to shine thru the window over the sink and make beautiful rays of sunshine all across the kitchen counters. I know that sounds kind of silly, but it's really beautiful! Fall is approaching and that's the only time of year when the sun comes thru that window which makes the days when it does extra special. I know that for the next few weeks, there will be special beauty to greet me each morning and that's an awesome way to start the day!

Deb

I have a bit of awesome to share.

Because Fred has been out of work, we are missing money every week. About $100. So I have had to dip into the money used to stuff to pay bills. Anyway..to the awesomeness!

Fred *volunteers* at this auto reconditioning shop. He knows all the guys..he gets to have male time. So the guy that owns the recon shop just got back from getting his kids in PR (during the hurricane) and he had decided it was time to do something for the volunteers.

As I type this, our car is getting new brake pads and roaters (sp?) and two new front tires! Woot! Woot! I was planning on borrowing our friends car to go to New Haven because ours needed work.

Now I do not have to!

That is like totally awesome and has made my day! One thing I do not have to stress over.