questions and discussions

cranky

hey everyone, i have been thinking about something, and i thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone was interested. sometimes, it is difficult to ask and answer questions, and try to explain things typing. sometimes asking and answering questions can take days. so, i told linda about a program i use to communicate with friends. it's called teamspeak, and i have put a server up. it's pretty simple, all you really need is a microphone and speakers, or, preferably a headset with a mic. you just download this small program and connect, and you can talk, not type!!! if anyone is interested, let me know. the server is up and running, and i will help anyone who needs help getting it set up and working. it's free, simple, and much easier to explain a technique, ask questions, or just tallk to each other. let me know, and i will get you the information, and assist you if needed!!

dave

wendy, i haven't used skype, so i don't know. this is just voice, but you can have many people on at a time. there are also different channels, so if somebody wants to discuss something different, they can switch to a different channel.

if i can download it and get talking anyone can :D

Its fun!!! and also as Cranky said its so much easier to talk and explain a problem than typing it....but i still have trouble with building terms...

Cranky ... " whats the problem"

Me..."ya know them flappy thingies on the roof" :D

I think its a great idea for those that want to join us :D

We use Skype to talk to (and see) our son when he's overseas. It's great! However, with the condition my computer is in, I've been afraid to load any new software on it...it might implode!

It would be great for someone who just wants something explained. But for most things, it's really nice to have it in writing someplace where I can go back and refer to it later when the question or problem comes up for me.

I thought of using such a program a few years ago with my job (seasonal researching and writing papers online) but i write far more intelligently than i talk LOL and I would feel so odd talking to myself! I know several people that love this though! and of course I have dial up so not much works well, or quickly, here!

well, if anyone wants to join us, the program is called teamspeak....

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

just download the client version for your computer, mine was windows 32 bit, just make sure you get the client version, for most of you it will be the 1st or 2nd on the list.

unzip and install

the address is 98.167.195.106 the port is 9987 choose your nickname, and put in the password (greenleaf)