Showing off...

minifan

O.K., so I have to show off for a minute...

A- FINAL GRADE IN PHELBOTOMY CLASS!!! Which means, that I'm clear to move into my clinical hours, and once that's over...hopefully become employed!!! YEAH ME!!! :banana:

**Unfortunately this celebration won't last too long, because I have to try to ace a math placement exam next Thurs. to walk into the class I *need* to be in... BLAH...I am not a math student WHATSOEVER!!!

Also adding to the excitement, (something I know only my fellow mini-fans will get as excited as I did over it...) My MIL (who usually detests me)...gave me a super nice craft table, (used but new to me!!!)...her gf is a mild mannered millionaire, decided to take up bow making one day, bought all kinds of supplies, (including a craft table with built in ruler, and surge protector thing with 6 plugs on it)...gave it to my MIL...who gave it to me=NEW MINIATURE-ING table to work on for free!!!

O.K., enough of my showing off...where are some of you? Board seems a little quiet lately, is it just me?

We've lost quite a few folks to social networking, I suspect. Congratulations, Amanda! I had to take a math placement test, as well as an English skills test before I even started my nursing classes. In non-nursing science classes (NOT chemistry, thank goodness!) we were required to submit written papers to be graded for spelling, grammer & punctuation (but I often wonderedc about content!) because the college didn't want its tech grads to come off as illiterate. The math, of course, was critical both for the science courses (chemistry, especially) and the pharmacology classes, especially calculating IV drip rates.

Wow, great score there!!!! Just a tad envious as right now as with the move and renovations going on in the "new" place limits the space somewhat (which is why I LOOOOVE the half scale, fits purr-fectly on a tray) and with school starting up come Monday things have been, what shall we say, just a teensy bit hectic... :banana:

Hugs

and with school starting up come Monday things have been, what shall we say, just a teensy bit hectic... :thumb:

Hugs

I imagine a lot of people have "disappeared" until after school starts...Mine's only a year old, so that, thankfully, is put off for a few years yet!!!

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!!! :banana:

Congratulations on your excellent grade! Enjoy your new craft table. :banana:

I think people might be wrapping up summer stuff, getting ready for Fall. I go back next week for teacher days & then students return Aug 30, so I've been getting my last minute things done that aren't as easy to do once school starts. People who have to get their children set to go back are probably busy, too. Was hoping to do a lot of work on my dh's today, but something has come up that I need to do first. Maybe, when I'm done, I'll be able to do a little bit.

yay and congrats!!! good luck with next test and employment!!!

I grew up in calif and school always started in sept! here, in NM, my son went back this week!!! he is in the 4th grade. my daughter, in 8th, goes back next week as they have destroyed the old school and are building a new one and are way behind! It seems school starts earlier and earlier every year here, but we also get snow days so they take that into consideration. They also generally get out of school in may, not june.

I know I have been busy with the old homestead here, goats and milking and making cheese (and maybe have to do a ton of canning when MIL gets back from colorado with tomatoes?) and general chores like fixing fences etc! Now it is crunch time for sculpting for shows, but at least it is back into the mini world for me!

Great Gift Amanda!!!!!! Wish someone would give me a nice new table too! LOL Enjoy!!!!! As for people? People come and go, but since it is still summer, perhaps a lot are on vacation....lucky ducks!

Congrats on your grade (wow! A!!) and your cool new table!

What kind of a cruel school system do you live near??? :lol: Students locally go back September 7th here... :thumb: :banana:

My kids just finished their 3RD week of school! They start a little earlier, but then have 1 week breaks every 6 weeks. So the week after kids start there, mine are on break (and me!). That shortens the summer, but they're usually about bored by then anyway, and love having random weeks off during the school year! Vacations spots are less crowded then too, but still plenty warm.

Congrats on your great grade and the mini table...will have my fingers crossed for an easy Math exam for you to pass!!. And my sister in Tennessee has been back to school since Aug. 6th(she's a Teacher helper) and the kids started the following Monday!

:banana: :thumb:

Glad to hear you did so well on your test! And the work table? that is great!

BTW - schools in Michigan can not start until after the Labor Day weekend. Don't want to cut down on any travel plans!

In my school district, if Labor Day is one of the first 3 days of Sept., we go back after the holiday; if it's in the latter part of the week, we go back before. We have to make room for any snow days & get out (hopefully) by mid-June. When I was a child in Massachusetts, we always went back after Labor Day. Some other towns near me are going back the 26th. That's really early (& I don't even want to think about Aug. 6th!!!!! :) ).

congrats amanda!!!!! my wife became a Phlebotamist about 4 years ago......her clinical hours were at a local hospital, and they liked her so much, they offered her a job, and she's been there ever since!!!! she loves it, and great bennies!!!

In my school district, if Labor Day is one of the first 3 days of Sept., we go back after the holiday; if it's in the latter part of the week, we go back before. We have to make room for any snow days & get out (hopefully) by mid-June. When I was a child in Massachusetts, we always went back after Labor Day. Some other towns near me are going back the 26th. That's really early (& I don't even want to think about Aug. 6th!!!!! :) ).

Yeah, it seems that we start back earlier here in the south, even colleges. My daughter's BF goes to UMass, and like others have said, doesn't start until after Labor Day. He also goes back a little later in January, but then gets out a few weeks later than ours. The school system I work for started Aug 2, my boys (who don't attend in the district) went Aug 3, and the state colleges this week, Aug 16. Surrounding counties also were all within a couple of weeks from us.

I was thinking that it probably has to with the weather/heat. We of course all have A/C here, so any time can be cool. But don't y'all in the north not necessarily have A/C everywhere? That might be the difference, give it a little more time to cool off, and in June maybe it is still cooler (guessing here), where it is already crazy hot here.

Congrats to you!

I am here. I have been more of a lurker lately. Just too much going on and I am kinda climbing into my mini cocoon..if you know what I mean. I did do something I have not done in a long while...i bought some skinny sticks! You all know what that means. I am going to do some flooring for the Pom. I have to pull out my wallpaper to see what I am going to put where. Then I have to go to Home Depot and pick up a small can of Kilz for the interior walls and ceilings. I have not decided if I am going to electrify. If I do, it will be hardwire. So I had better just drill some holes in the floors so I can thread the wires thru if I change my mind.

So I am here. Just PM me a yell if you want to wake me up. Just alot on my plate and I am kinda going on auto pilot..plus school starts in a couple weeks, and I am canning. But I am here. Sorry for the absence.

:D WooHoo..congrats on grade, and gift from MIL!! Looks like you "scored" well on both!! :)

I haven't been around much lately...just been busy cleaning house, painting...all those tedious things that need to be done (and I've sadly neglected for far too long :D )...but I'm still around. And I did have a much needed weekend away last week...not nearly long enough, but better than no weekend away. :) I pop in and out to have a look-see and will get back to being a full-time pain-in-the-rump around here again very soon :D I have 2 Michael's puzzle houses that are calling my name (loudly!), and the 1/2 scale Chantilly is begging to be bought and done up as Gull Cottage.