Avatar & Personal Photo Problems

I've just gotten a new laptop with Windows 7. My old avatar is a dog in a square shape and I'm trying to change it to my Fairfield in a rectangular shape. The new avatar appears in my Control Panel, but my posts still appear with the dog, except that the dog photo has changed shape to rectangular. Similar problem with my Personal Photo. My old photo is of me with my dog and is rectangular. New photo is of me with a short haircut and is square. My profile now shows the pic of me & the dog squared off to the shape of the new picture. Weird. Also, I can make fast replies as always, but when typing on a full edit panel such as this one I have no cursor showing and can only backspace to make corrections. The delete key doesn't work. Are these Windows 7 problems? I also changed from Internet Explorer to Firefox & don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any help you can give me is appreciated.

I think I remember someone else having similar issues with the cursor and delete key, and I believe it was an issue with using FireFox instead of Internet Explorer. Maybe try changing back to that and see if that helps.

I also see the picture of your Fairfield as your avatar.

I use Firefox and I see your Fairfield pic. It sounds like your browser has cached the old picture even though the forum software recognizes that you uploaded a new one (hence the new shape, with the old image). Try logging out, clearing cookies for Greenleaf's website as well as your temporary internet files / cache, then logging back in. (Depending on your Firefox version, to do this you may need to select "Clear Private Data" or "Clear Recent History." You should find these options in the Tools menu.)

I think the cursor / typing issue is related to the editor being in "rich text" format or "standard" format. In the full edit page, there's a button with two arrows on it that says "switch between standard and rich text format" when you hover your cursor over it. Try clicking that and see if the problem goes away. If yes, you can fix it permanently by following the instructions here.