Hi from MA!

ccbloom

Hi there,

I'm a new builder from MA. I've had the Victoria's Farmhouse and Beacon Hill kits in my basement for about 3.5 years now (bought them for my daughter on her first Christmas as a gift that I could work on until she was old enough to play/appreciate it - and I have those 2 because I couldn't decide which I liked best at the time).

Fast forward to today - I didn't realize how big the VF was, and the Beacon Hill looked a little more involved than I wanted to get for my first house, so I went out and purchased the Vermont Farmhouse Jr. as a starter. I've been at it for about a week now, and I'm really enjoying the process.

I was fortunate enough today to go to Earth and Tree in NH, and all I have to say is WOW! Thank goodness it was my birthday because that store had everything I could imagine and more, and DH was kind enough to purchase a bunch of windows and other trim that I wanted to make this first house a little more personalized.

I have the shell assembled, primed and painted. I've wired all three floors, and just last night started shingling the roof. All thanks to my lurking on this forum! :lol: Can't wait to get more involved with the decorating and finer details and share them all with you.

~Shawna

Welcome! What part of Massachusetts are you in? I grew up in the Boston area. I used to go to some great shops, one in Framingham and one in Cambridge, but I think they're both gone now.

We look forward to seeing pictures of your build! Once you have made 5 posts you can start a gallery.

Thanks for the nice welcome :lol:

I'm from central MA, right near Worcester. It was a bit of a drive to the store today, but WELL worth it! Looking forward to starting my gallery soon.

ME TOO!!! I'm about an hour from Worcester...and about an 1 and 1/2 from E&T...but I'm there soo much, they know me by name now!!! :o

There really is nothing around here to shop in, I like to order from Miniatures.com, because usually you can get a sale, the prices at E&T are very comparable to miniatures, but then miniatures adds a 20% discount and it's well worth it!!! :) JMO... :p

WELCOME...This place has LOTS to look at, read, take in... :lol:

Hi Amanda!

Yes, I have a feeling I'll be at E&T a lot in the near future. I can already think of things I forgot and I think I mis-bought a few items due to size. Hopefully, I can return for a store credit, but if not, I'm sure I can use them on a future house.

I was going to order from miniatures.com, but DH decided to take me to E&T as a birthday gift today. :lol:

Hi Shawna and welcome to this Forum!! As soon as you send 5 posts you can open an album and share photos of your progress!! You'll be so glad you found this site-it's one of the best!! :)

Hello and wellcome Im in MA also but im in the Berkshires the compleat other side of the state anyway wellcome and have fun. Im still new here and Ive haven't started my house yet LOL still deciding on what color I want to paint it LOL