• Fareed
    • Charlie
    • The Ratcatcher
    • Egyptian Queen
    • The Colonel
    • Hasan
    • I wouldn't buy any of these

Dear all,

I have been thinking of making some dolls to sell - don't really want to part with the ones I have already made but if I make copies or similar ones, I might feel different. If you were parting with your hard earned cash for a doll, would any of the ones below float your boat?

The only doll who wasn't available for the photoshoot is Hasan who is glued to a crate in my Spring Fling so I have posted a separate pic of him.

There are close ups of all the dolls in my album " Minis I have made"

Thank you so much for your help.

gallery_4015_3610_82576.jpg

gallery_4015_3610_1128237.jpg

LOL I'd choose the Colonel and use him for Orville. While I like the face of the one I've done...it's very roughhewn..it looks pieced together. I will probably do another when I am more skilled. But the colonel..wait..maybe I'd choose Charlie...oh dear I like them both.

I also like Fareeda and Nefertiti..but then I love women character dolls, even tho I don't collect them.

If you sell your dolls, don't you DARE put too low a price on them. Your work is too good. Don't undersell yourself, Jo.

:)

no contest for me...you know who has my heart :p

I agree with the others though dont go too low...they ARE fabulous and among the best i've seen here and elsewhere!!!

:)

my second choice is the colonel :) but i could only vote once :)

I think they are all great! I picked Molly though. Not sure why, she just jumped out at me. Again - the details you put into your work are just amazing! I need to get off the computer more and spend more time making things!

Jo, every one of your dolls is a perfect treasure, but where your crew rises above dolls by other artists is in the male clothing. I think that's a definite factor in putting the guys ahead of the girls in the voting, at least at this point. Where other male dolls have bulky, ill-fitting duds, your guys are well turned out -- even the Ratcatcher! :)

:) :)

So... I might have thrown off your results a bit! I couldn't choose just one and you have blasted multi tick on... I love all your dolls, Jo! I did manage to narrow it down to four though: Matty, Charlie, Ratcatcher (love him) and Egyptian Queen. I would actually use Matty in something and the other I just want because they are fabulous.

EDITED: the bold type went crazy and there was some crazy gibberish from pre-coffee typing! :)

One of each..one of each! They are all so wonderful.I love Cyril..he was the 1st and I

was stunned that someone could create such a piece of art the first time they tried!!

Then there's Matty..I love her slightly "lost" look,and the Rat man-too spooky-but cool,

but Then Cleopatra is beautiful,and Nico,Molly, the Colonel...phooey.I have a favourite

and it's Fareeda....she is exotic and plain all at the same time.A perfect person!! :)

:) Now I'm crushin' on Gerald too :) ...his face reminds me of Dobby, the house elf in the Harry Potter movies...I just loved poor 'ol Dobby.

I think you will have no problem whatsoever selling any one of your dolls, Jo. I'd order them in a heartbeat!

OH my gosh, I didn't even SEE Gerald! He was sort of buried behind the other dolls.

Now Gerald does look like I picture Orville..a crochety old dude set in his ways. Yup, put me down for Gerald!

You know, Jo..so many of the male miniature dolls look bland and smooth in the face. Your male dolls have so much manly character. They really look MALE, and that's priceless.

MM :)

i would vote for the egyptian queen.

allthough i like the doll as a whole, her nail polished toenails did the trick.

funny that that made me decide.

i must say, the body language/ body poses of all your dolls is stunning!

Choices, choices, choices. They're all so magnificent, so expressive. I LOVE Delphine, Molly & Dreads and voted for all 3, but now I realize I forgot Ratcatcher! I doubt there's a doll you could make that I wouldn't want to buy! Now you need to go into 1/2" scale dolls & I'll take a whole handful of them!!