July 10 2006 Do you believe in Alien life forms?

I think it's utterly arrogant to think out of all the planets in all the solar systems in all the galaxies in all the universes that ours is the only one inhabited by intelligent life (or that we're the only intelligent species on this one).

Did anyone catch the interview Robin Williams did in ASL with Koko, the signing gorilla?

I think it's utterly arrogant to think out of all the planets in all the solar systems in all the galaxies in all the universes that ours is the only one inhabited by intelligent life (or that we're the only intelligent species on this one).

I agree

I agree too.

There were Neanderthals before us.

And they are doing research now on those small pygmy people in some island.

I think we will never believe until we actually see it for ourselves. If they are still finding animal species we never knew existed or were only legends (humoungous squid example) then how can we say that there arent other life forms living out there fighting over what to have for dinner?

I rather enjoyed reading about the finding of a ceolocanth after the scientists had all agreed it had evolved into something else <snicker>. We have so many alien life forms of terrestrial origin, I don't know why we expect non-terrestrials to look like us, if their chemistry is totally different, so would they be.

One of my good friends in college days was a chem professor (and a niece of Rose O'Niell's, who designed the Kewpie) who was doing a paper on an organic system based on bromine rather than carbon.

I agree that with all the planets and galaxies the earth can't be the only planet that has life on it. If you watch any of those UFO programs that the history channel or discovery channel has on every once in awhile there are a lot of strange things and sightings that no one can explain. If there are aliens that come to earth that's fine, I mean if we can go into outer space and walk on the moon and stay in a space station why can't they come and visit earth :lol: .

I mean if we can go into outer space and walk on the moon and stay in a space station why can't they come and visit earth

Maybe they've caught enough of our sci-fi movie & TV show transmissions to figure this is a rather inhospitable place to be a space alien; we do come across as a rather xenophobic little species.

Maybe they've caught enough of our sci-fi movie & TV show transmissions to figure this is a rather inhospitable place to be a space alien; we do come across as a rather xenophobic little species.

So true. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget d*** Clark. I'm positive the man is an alien. He never aged!!!!

Deb

*edit* Okay, so the filters won't let me call Mr Clark by his first name, but we all remember American Bandstand and that while the teenagers aged, the host never did. Just plain weird if you ask me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think we are related to a alien race and that is our god, maybe that's why people point upwards when they refer to god and heaven, they are subconciously processing information that they don't understand themselves.

I once read a story, and a quote from it sticks in my head:

"The Earth is an insane asylum for aliens, and that's why everything's so crazy"

I believe there is other life out there, whether or not we've been visited? Unknown