Real Scale Products Co. 1960

morelli7

I found a partially assembled Real Scale Products Co. ranch style dollhouse kit in my attic. It appears to be complete with instructions and all parts, trim, etc. It's really incredible. Looks like a real house construction with floor joists, spaces between the walls, etc. I can't find out anything about this company online. The instructions are dated 1960 and it is House Kit 2436 Cabin Kit 1624. It comes with various floor plan layouts and you lift off the roof to see inside. Does anyone know anything about this dollhouse or company?

• Like 1

Wow... finding a dollhouse I didn't know I had is a recurring dream of mine... :wub:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this one. When you have 5 posts here you can take some pictures and post a gallery. Maybe someone will recognize it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, do you have a digital camera? We'd love to see some pictures of this. They might help to jar some memories..and we just love to look at cool stuff anyway. We'd like to see the front of the box, if you have the box..and of course, pics of the partly assembled house as well.

:wub:

Thanks for the replies. I do have a bunch of pictures so I'll post them as soon as I can. The boxes I have contain pieces, like miniature boards. This dollhouse is built like a real house, which makes it so odd. No plywood sides. It actually has wall studs and the outside clapboard is put on board by board. I have two boxes of these boards and trim, an opening bay window and a door. On the front of one of the boxes it says "Fun for the whole family! Learn carpentry!" The roof looks like it will be made board by board as well. I have all the instructions, and it even gives you different floor plan ideas. It is the oddest thing. The shell of the house is constructed and someone has put down some tile in the kitchen. It has little closets built in too, just like a real house.

Holy Cow, that is going to be some project..although if the base work of the house is done, you've escaped a lot of the work.

The house should be awesome when done, and you can brag with impunity! Please show us pictures, starting at where you begin working on it! We want to watch the construction too!

:)

This is fascinating! I remember when my folks were building their house just after the war. It looks like the diagonal floor in one of the pictures may be the sub flooring that was laid diagonally (in those days) in our house and the final floor laid on top of that. I loved the whole process and drove the carpenters nuts with my questions. I envy you the chance to do it in miniature!

My grandparent's built their house (ranch style) in the late 1950's and it has the diagonal subflooring too. It has a full basement and you can see it in the unfinished part where the laundry area is...

This is a really neat kit.. what a fun concept! I guess you have to take pictures or you won't get to see all the neat layers once they are completely 'built"!

Tappy

• 6 years later...

I have a Real Scale Home Kit 1960 as pictured above. Was something a friend of my Father-In-Law had and it looks to be pretty intact, as nothing looks like it was built with the kit. Am looking to sell it. (only reason I joined the site was the search query brought up the product on this site) Might it be worth the effort to sell or just use it as kindling?

If you really don't want to build the kit yourself and it's complete you can offer it for sale here on our Community Trading Post:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=forums&id=49

DO read over the rules for posting there, which are just above the list of topics, and comply.  People who want more information can use the personal messaging function of this forum.

1 hour ago, bluesjellyjam said:

I have a Real Scale Home Kit 1960 as pictured above. Was something a friend of my Father-In-Law had and it looks to be pretty intact, as nothing looks like it was built with the kit. Am looking to sell it. (only reason I joined the site was the search query brought up the product on this site) Might it be worth the effort to sell or just use it as kindling?

If the wood has not been stored in a damp area or showing signs of dryrot I'd try to sell it first.