The real Cheshire Cat

MerriMagic

For those of us who love kitties:

I was surfing the web the other day and fell over this big boy. The expression on his face is priceless, he has an incredible grin on his fuzzy face! I suspect he's related to Alice's Cheshire cat, but he'll have a way to go if he wants to disappear!

No, I don't live near, or own, this kitty. He's terribly overweight but according to the owner, they're not sure if it's a genetic issue, and have looked into it for a long time...with no real answer. He gets fed normal portions.

:bear

Actually Pan, I had thought so at first, too...but look closely..the woman is leaning way back, so her face is really far from the camera, in relation to her hands...and the cat is so fat that the hands are really close to the camera...there's a perspective thing going on..and since the camera image is flat, it does look like the belly's been enlarged...but it hasn't. It's just the perspective as viewed thru the camera.

I imagine that cat's 'waist' is probably as thick around as a ham..LOL he's certainly a big boy. Hope he has a jovial mindset, I'd hate for that one to get mad at me.

Wouldn't you hate having to clean HIS litterbox? My grandson was helping me clean Abby's box the other day-which means he was watching and making comments. I use the clumping litter and every once in a while I'd scoop up a big clump and he'd say 'Now, that's a big one-poop or pee?' Gotta love 6 year olds!

• 2 weeks later...

He reminds me of a friend's Maine Coon cat (mini years ago, so I'm sure he's gone on to the Rainbow Bridge by now). He was a love, and every time we'd drop by for a visit he'd head for my lap; but he was so big I'd have had to be three times as big as I am to have enough lap for him! That one looks like a sweet kitty.