Newbie with a Fairfield

louanne

After lurking under my bed for several years, I've decided I'm finally going to attempt to assemble my Fairfield doll house. This will be the first house I've ever attempted, and it's a smaller scale than your typical doll house Any tips for someone as green as me would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Louanne & welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join in. There are several members who have the Fairfield -- I'm among them, tho' I've not started it yet. Too many minis, too little time!!! ;) If you have any questions, just pop out with them and someone is sure to know the answer. Look forward to seeing your progress as you build it -- it's an adorable little house!!

This is one I hope to be able to do a blog on this year because it is such an adorable MANSION!! Every time I see picture of it I just say Ohhh & Ahhhh!

;)

Welcome to the forum dear. Emily (Fov) has one built I have to find her link real quick and I'll post it here for you.

Here is the Link:

http://home.comcast.net/~fovlet/

She has a beautiful Fairfield~!

Hi Louanne,

Welcome to the forum :D My tips are these

1. Don't be afraid to ask questions

2. Don't be afraid of mistakes (cause anything can be fixed and most of us have made mistakes on some of our houses <and no one can tell the difference once they're finnished>) ;)

3. Do have lots and lots of fun with your house :D

- David :D

• 5 months later...

hey louanne

I've been working on my fairfield for over a year, because I customized the inside.

and added a spiral staircase.

So my advice is not to be afraid to add your own personal touches here and there, just be carefull

not to add to much befor it gets complicating!

(like mine!)

Welcome!! I have built the fairfield as well....I've got pics of my progress in my gallery. It is an adorable house.

Just take your time and don't get to frusterated because it all does fit...

even if you think it doesn't haha.