BREAKFAST/BRUNCH Punch???????

Wee Obsession

Hi Donna. My family always serves Mimosa' - that would be O.J. and champagne, or Bloody Mary's for those that like them. If you don't like champagne, you could go with the old "Screwdriver" - just O.J. and vodka.

I don't know any brunch punch' recipes w/o alcohol - my family kinda likes their punch' with a punch, if ya know what I mean :(:wave:

Google for punch recipes, one of my favorites I've had (not made) that was non-alcoholic had OJ, club soda, lemon wedges (Sprite?) & pineapple chunks, but I never got the full recipe at the time. Brunches are a lot of fun! I've been to brunch potlucks and taken mini quiches (made in muffin tins) with different flavors. Breakfast casserole (a sausage and bread custard with cheese) is always nummy, as well as a huge fresh fruit tray.

If you wanted something hot besides coffee, you could try a large steaming bowl of some sort of mulled cider, can be w or w/o alcohol. Lots of different recipes out there on the internet.

Another idea might be a sangria punch, made typically with fruit, red wines and/or brandy - this can also be made non-alcoholic using lots of fresh fruits and juices in place of the red wine and brandy.

I found it!

Here is the alcohol version:

Champagne Orange Sherbet Punch

1 container of Orange Sherbet

1 two liter of Ginger Ale

1 bottle of Champagne

In punch bowl, Pour in a 2 liter bottle of Ginger Ale and one bottle of Champagne. Scoop Sherbet into the punchbowl to float....A real party favorite.....Mmmmm CHEERS

You can also use Cold Duck instead of the Champagne or just double the Ginger Ale. I have used Orange Juice with the ginger ale and champagne also.

Donna, I don't think I've ever seen a recipe for a non-alcoholic punch that didn't have soda in it to give it some sparkle. Maybe you could dress up the punch bowl with an ice ring with fruit in it or large blocks of ice with fruit frozen in a bundt pan.

For a little change of pace, you could try a Cranberry/pineapple punch that serves 15 --

Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved and then chill:

2 C water

3/4 C sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Just before serving, combine the sugar mixture with

1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice, chilled

4 C cranberry-apple (or cranberry for a more tart taste), chilled

1 liter gingerale, chilled

We usually have a Christmas Day brunch, and since there are a lot of kids, the punch is always non-alcoholic. I think last time it was OJ, Sprite, Cran-raspberry juice, and rainbow sherbert. We kind of wing it and go with whatever mix (amounts of each) tastes the best!

Tappy

I have a few recipes that might be good for a brunch but they are made in a slow cooker.

Hot citrus punch

4 cups prepared orange juice

12 1/2 oz (one can) frozen concentrated lemonade thawed

4 cups sprite

4 cups ginger ale

Combine all four ingredients in slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook on low for at least 3 hours until quite warm.

or there is this apple punch recipe

4 1/3 cups apple juice

1 tbsp brown sugar, packed

1/2 tsp lemon juice

1 cinnamon stick (2 inches long, broken up and crushed in plastic bag

15 whole cloves

1 orange pekoe teabag

combine apple juice, brown sugar and lemon juice in slow cooker. Tie cinnamon, cloves, and tea bag in double layer of cheesecloth. Add to slow cooker. Cover heat on low for 3 hours discard spice bag. Makes 4 cups.