We have snow!

Wolfie

A whopping four inches of snow has fallen...white white everywhere with more to come today! Yay!!!!! The dog is happy! I am happy! And snow tires go on the car today!

I'm already bundling up and getting the blower out to do the deck. I love it1 It's 36 degrees and very balmy. I have on my favorite outfit for shoveling and blowing snow....my nightgown, robe and boots! The dog is waiting! Have to run!

Oh no ... not already. Yikes !!

Hope your larder is full and you have lots of wood for heat and lots of hobby supplies stashed away.

I haven't gotten boots or mittens out yet.

Heavy coats have come out but not snow pants and the rest. Guess we'll be next.

We live at 6,000 feet which is int he snow belt for most of the year. We live in the Swan Mountains of Montana. We are expecting another 4 to 6 inches today. And overnight. We hope for 10 feet! That is my mantra for this year. 10 feet by the end of March!

So pray for this for me, ok? 15 feet would be better, but we will take 10 feet! Think 10 feet for me!

Thank you and blessings to you!

http://www.lonewolfminiaturecreations.com

Got snow last night above 3,000 feet, in the passes, but not quite here yet - we're at 2,600 feet. It's coming, though, any minute....:monkeydance:

I HOPE we don't get 10 feet, four to six is more usual, but it is supposed to be a cold and snowy one this year because of La Nina, so who knows? Heavy coats have already come out, but not the snow boots, not yet....

I had to re open a couple windows (the ones without plastic) because the temps have gone up into the 70s today and tomorrow. Yikes! Weirdo weather for the end of October.

A. We live high up above the town of Seeley Lake. We are at 6000 feet, the town is below us around 3000 feet. We can see the lake off in the distance.

As to why we need the snow? Drought baby drought. We don't want another fire season like we had a few years ago where we were evacuated and but for the wind change, our town would not have been here today. So all of us want snow. Lots of it. 10, 15, 20 feet we don't care. So send snow if you like!

It's snowing here right now. Nice fat puffy flakes. I should go outside and dance. In fact I will. What a sight. A performance with an 18" shovel, up high, down low, twirl around, hey! Gang! Let's go!

Got snow last night above 3,000 feet, in the passes, but not quite here yet - we're at 2,600 feet. It's coming, though, any minute....:monkeydance:

I HOPE we don't get 10 feet, four to six is more usual, but it is supposed to be a cold and snowy one this year because of La Nina, so who knows? Heavy coats have already come out, but not the snow boots, not yet....

Yup, it's supposed to be one heck of a winter here this year - the biggest la Nina since 1955 or something. It should be very interesting, as I have about 5 or 6 raccoons to keep fat and happy.

Got about a half-inch out there right now, just a light frosting and none falling. Waiting, waiting - though I notice that our handyman has started to put up the snow barriers. We usually have more than a dusting before Halloween - the kids generally have to wade through several inches of snow and bundle up.

Wolfie, I well remember a couple of years ago when the air in our little town looked like a big town's smog, and the smoke in the air set a person's sinuses to burning. It was a very dry year and since we are virtually surrounded by national forest, this was pretty scary. Went down to the forest ranger's office and asked if we should be packing up kids and pets and bugging out, but mercifully it turned out to be a fire burning ten miles away. Still too bloody close!

So, yeah, I like a lot of snow and a lot of rain when it's too warm to snow - beats being in the middle of a forest fire!

YEA! Happy you are getting snow Gina! :bear: I'll wish for you gettin' 10+ feet of it...and hoping we get a substantial amount here in Illinois this winter too - DH makes good $$ snow plowing, so I say

"Bring it on!" :D

More money = MORE MINI'S :monkeydance:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow......

We got another two or three inches lastnight...poor!!!!! Anyway since we were evacuated in the middle of the night and able to see a fire racing down the ridge in front of us, we grabbed the dog and the two cats and some clothes and away we went. We were gone almost three weeks from the house but were allowed to "visit" and water, as long as we checked in with the national guard. Doug and I were in a Red Cross Shelter and our dog and two cats were at a ranch with what appeared to be hundreds and hundreds of other animals ranging from geese, turkeys, chickens, ducks, peacocks, llamas, cattle, horses, and what appreds to be at least 200 other dogs and cats. It was the worst and best of times. All of our neighbors were with us. Something I never want to have to go through again. Anyway bring it on El Nina! Give us your worst!

Yes, I am well stocked up by the way. Freezer full to overflowing, 50 pounds of flour, multiples cans and jars of other stuff!

wow good luck on getting more snow! we had a few little flurries the other day (we are at 7500-8000 ft here in NM) which is the earliest we have had snow since i have lived here, 10 yrs now. and we have had temps in the 20s at night....i sooo love it! storm windows in, wood ready for out woodstove (a cookstove too which i love) I would love to get at least one winter with a couple feet of snow in one shot LOL we usually have enough to keep things white and pretty but never tons

Wow,snow already in October?? Seems weird.Our "lawn dudes" just finished mowing our yard..probably for the last time til Spring.It's 72* and sunny here in North Central Texas.

But being a life long New Englander I know there is something so cozy about a good

snowstorm.Shoveling is another matter.I do miss a white Christmas.Our snows a few and far between and if we do get a few inches it's melted by the next day.So weird!!

Oh, and I do know about droughts and fire bans etc. Too scary!! :monkeydance:

I hope each of you gets the amount of snow you wish for, be it measured in inches or feet. I used to enjoy snow ... when living in Chicago, kept a snowmobile at a cousin's place in northern Wisconsin and would spend several winter weekends there. Now it is just troublesome to shovel. I'll be glad to spend the winters in New Orleans. :monkeydance:

I'm jealous of all this snow talk! We had a great winter in MD last year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another just like it. I love it, although this year will be a challenge to get to the farm for the horses......still can't wait :monkeydance:

We usually have an average of 130 inches of snow each winter but last year it was mostly rain. Misweable muddy and windy. With three big dogs I prefer the snow, less mess in the house. We have had just a slight dusting so far.

I'm so depressed! Our snow is gone, and now it's raining! WAH!!!!! And after I spent that whole day shoveling the deck (75 feet of it!) and cleaning off the car, taking the summer tires out of the back of the car and putting them down in the basement all by myself. And now I'm sick with the flu and couldn't shovel if I wanted to! but I want my snow! WAH!!!!!!!!! Bring back my snow!