Beacon Hill - front opening?

KathieB

Wow. Bumping this thread up from last November! In the interim, plans have changed. I am no longer going to attempt making it front opening. Too many complications. I'm going to put it on a turntable/drawer slide base so it can pull away from the wall when it needs to be turned but remain tucked against the wall. We've been back in New Orleans (where the BH is) for more than a month but not much has happened what with the holidays and other little projects. One major hurdle has been met ... I've chosed the palette for the outside and expect the inside decor to pretty much follow along.

Here are the colors. It is the Audubon Brilliance Collection by Olympic, available at Lowe's. All of the colors will be used. I haven't decided which will be the main siding color. Opinions? (You can see the BH in dry fit in the photo.)

post-818-0-24894300-1326082070_thumb.jpg

The lady is the window is a miniature of one of Bill Hemmerling's paintings. I'm sorry it is too contemporary for the period of the house, as I love his Creole primitive work.

Wow, is that a pretty palette! I love the middle color on the second row for a main color, or the one to its right; with the blues for the doors and main door & window trims (no surprise, that!lol) but you have such excellent color sense that whatever you choose for where will look outstanding.

Love the colors Kathie! But I'm horrible at colors and decisions, so I'll let others chime in on this one. Funny though, the darker blue color is very similar to the color of my Beacon Hill, and I had originally chosen a coral color (close to the middle colors) for it before i changed my mind! So I think either of those would work!

I do like Holly's suggestion of a blue door. That's a lot of colors to decide where to put them, but it's going to look great. :)

• 10 months later...

Yikes! It has been two years since I first posted this topic. Life intervened. At the moment, the Beacon Hill is still sitting in dry fit. It looks as if I'll be able to get to work on it this winter, and my fingers are itching to do so! If I recall correctly, I gave up on the open front idea, but before I open the glue bottle, I'll revisit it. Can't tell what may have percolated through the idea center of my brain in the interim.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With patience and planning anything can be done. Tweaking the staircase would be the only challenge since it goes right up against the front wall which are trying to make moveable. Its going to be interesting to see how its done. Good luck with your project!

Yikes! It has been two years since I first posted this topic. Life intervened. At the moment, the Beacon Hill is still sitting in dry fit. It looks as if I'll be able to get to work on it this winter, and my fingers are itching to do so! If I recall correctly, I gave up on the open front idea, but before I open the glue bottle, I'll revisit it. Can't tell what may have percolated through the idea center of my brain in the interim.

OOOO..I'm going to try front-opening the Willowcrest... Good luck to us all!