Missing in Action,

Rhonda from the Bluegrass

To all of you who have noticed that I've been "Missing in Action", I just want to say hello, and tell you all how much I miss you all. This has been a heart-breakingly difficult year for me: medical problems,and family and financial problems. I just got done spending almost $1,000 getting medical treatment for my beloved cat "Liam". He seems to be doing better, but he is still under treatment, and I won't know for sure if he will survive for a while yet. Also, just yesterday, I lost my darling little cat "Aggie". We had a number of years together, but I still wasn't ready to say good-bye. I sobbed as I buried him, I cried all day since, and I still can't "get it together". In all my 50+ years, I have never been loved so much by any human as I have been by my cats. Losing one of them truly saps my spirit.

In June, I had surgery and then complications, so I was without wages for most of July. Need I mention how tired and worried I am? I am still fooling with my miniatures as much as possible, but frankly, with zero dollars available to spend, that is pretty much non-existant.

I am not asking for sympathy, I just wanted you all to know that you haven't been forgotten. I'll be back as soon as I am able. Until then, I hope you all continue to enjoy your beautiful miniatures, your kinsmanship on the Greenleaf forum, and all of your individual attributes.

You're in my prayers, Rhonda. It must be heartbreaking to grieve and see your other cats grieve as well.

Loved ones always pass away too soon.

And I also pray you'll find the time somehow to grieve properly. Last year I was hit with so many hardships that some of them are still 'unfinished'.

Bless you for giving Aggie a good life. In the years with you he felt cherished, well loved and sheltered. That's the memory he had of his life when he crossed the Rainbow bridge.

I hope and pray that things will be all right for Liam somehow. Life's hard in the sense, that we often feel so powerless to protect our loved ones from ordeals. Ultimately all we can ever do, is 'being there'. Offering our love, empathy, company and comfort. It's not your doing what's happening to him, and he knows that. He knows his human is with him and loves him. That is all that matters.

hugs,

Marianne

I'm so sorry about your furry children! I know how hard it is to lose one, and to have one ill. But you are doing everything you can for him, and I hope he's all well soon! I hope that your life settles down to normal, soon, and you can get back to enjoying life! Write, anytime!

Thank you all so much. Your kindness means so much to me. I have to confess, I've made myself physically sick over the loss of Aggie . . . I can see it's going to be another rough day. Logically, I know the happy years we had together are worth this time of sadness, but it's awfully hard to get through it, regardless. It's also hard to see the reaction of my other cats - they are all obviously very upset by his passing as well. I always try to shelter them from any harm or unhappiness, but of course . . . this is one thing I was powerless to do anything about.

I know you have all had experiences of your own that hurt you, so I knew you would all understand. We just never know, from day to day, what is in store, do we?

Thanks again, everybody. You are always the best!

Rhonda, please don't be hard on yourself for "making yourself sick" over Aggie's passing. When my beloved Lady cat (and oh, how I wish I had a picture of her now!) passed twenty years ago I grieved as if I'd lost my best friend. Well, I had - she'd been through so much with me. I burst into tears with little or no excuse for at least six months after she left me, and that's not counting the nights I cried myself to sleep.

These little beings MATTER, they love us in ways no one else does or can, and it hurts terribly when they must go. I am now on my second cat (I'm in a living situation where one and one only is what's allowed - good thing, otherwise I'd have umpteen of the little sweethearts) since Lady passed, have grieved the passage of Lady's successor after she was with me for sixteen years, and Rhonda, do you know, I can still bawl my eyes out over both Lady and my cranky old Kiki who came after her. And the inevitable fact that my current love, Koko, will pass before me is something I try hard not to dwell on - and worry terribly that he will be orphaned if I pass first.

They will all be waiting for me on the other side, and your beloved Aggie, healthy, strong, and in the prime of his life, will be there for you when you cross over.

So I firmly believe. :)

You have been missed but with all that has been happeing around you I can certainly understand why you have been "away" so I am sending strenght and courage your way to go through this too, as well as lots and lots of healing hugs!!!!

HUGS

Your absence was noted and I'm glad to hear from you.Such sad news,however.

It's never easy to loose a fur friend..and it's true no one ever loves you like your

pets do.I still miss my Piewacket and Fuji,(my two Calicos) but they are with me still

as yours will be with you.Hope you feel better soon.Waiting to hear from you again!!

:)

:) I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved furbaby Rhonda. They do provide such comfort and joy in our lives while they are here, and are so dearly missed when they are taken from us. You certainly have had a rough time of it this year, and I hope that only good things are to come for you in the coming months and the new year.

Take care of yourself, and your fur-kids (dearly hope that your ailing fur-baby will recover without a hitch) - will be thinking of you, and we'll all be here when you are feeling better.

Big hugs to you. :)

Chris

The Ribbon of Time -- Bobbi Talisman

A glance about the room that comes to rest upon my toys

Wraps your heart in sorrow, crowding out the many joys.

The small impression left upon my bed results in pain;

You fear you cannot -- will not -- feel a love like ours again.

My collar, silent now, unworn, reminds how deep the wound;

The bowls, now standing empty, say your heart's not healing soon.

BUT time is just a ribbon, doubled back to front and sealed;

An ever-winding journey along which mysteries are revealed.

The deepest mystery? As you'll learn: we've shared our lives before --

And share again, we shall, my friend, for once there's love, there's more.

So patience, peace, and promise are my gifts to you each day

'til the ribbon wraps our lives again in its wondrous way.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Rhonda. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Aggie and I pray that Liam is better soon. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. Take care of yourself and know that there are many of us with you during this difficult time.

Hugs and prayers.......

So many thanks to you all . . . in addition to being truly comforted by your kind words, I appreciate your support so much. You are all angels - always there when someone is down. I have no words that could adequately portray how much I cherish you all. Freya, thank you for that beautiful poem . . . it was full of comforting thoughts, and I know you have been through this same heartache, so I thank you for bringing this to me.

If any of you could have met Aggie, even if you are a "dog mama", you would have just loved him. He was so beautiful . . . long haired, HUGE eyes, and the sweetest and gentlest nature you could imagine. He used to get in my lap and tilt his head up to be kissed. The very day I lost him, I knew he was leaving me but as I petted him, he summoned the strength to purr for me. Some of you might remember him as my avatar during the Halloween season last year?

I am still awfully worried about Liam - he is not all the way out of trouble yet, and I just don't know how his situation will end up.

I've tried to work on my HBS contest piece today, but my heart's just not in it. I hope I can make the deadline next month. I then decided to work on my 1:12 scale chalet, but I need some supplies I don't have and can't afford. Then, I wanted to work on the Haunted Mansion, but again . . . I'm out of stuff I need. By the way, I got an estimate done on the van repairs that I am facing . . . $558.00!!! Well, that's not happening any time soon! I guess I'd better be getting really innovative on those projects I am trying to work on! Aargh, I'm going to climb back into my nightgown and turn the t.v. on. I'm not much good for anything right now!

Thanks again, everybody . . . I do think I am holding up better than I would have . . . all thanks to you and your supportive messages.

Oh Rhonda. I am so sorry. My thoughts andprayers are with you. It is so very hard to lose a furbaby. I've lost 3 (my dog - and 2 cats) in the last 2 years. I still cry sometimes. I do know they are at the Rainbow Bridge and that comforts me a lot. My heartaches for you

Donna