Somerset show

Good news. Got a yes also from Karen Aird.She's coming to the show.Karen makes lovely handmade flowers,food, lots of stuff.Now that the Holidays are over I will get a big push going. Hope to get a big variety,some IGMA, some locals.So that's Longfellowes and Karen Aird. Linda

• 1 month later...

Spoke to bev today and she's doing a doll to auction off at the show and a table full of her work.Even got a request for a contract from as far away as Georgia. Plus a bunch more requests so as soon as the signed papaers come in I'll list the vendors. I think you'll like all and I got a larger enough space to more than handle a crowd so no elbowing and squeezing. Linda

Good news. Starting to hear from vendors and have positive replies from some very nice people who are new to the area. Can't wait to see their stuff. So far, Longefellowes Dolls, Atopdoll( she makes rugs,afghans,has the needles and instruction books) and Aloysisus Mouse all the way from georgia and Karen's doll house with tables and tables of wonderful stuff and lastly,my weird table Papawolf's Little Houses. WEill update. Linda :kicking:

• 2 weeks later...

Got another confirmation for the show- A Touch of the past.Requests are coming in for more contracts.Will have Longefellowes and one of her dolls to raffle, Karen's dollhouse, Papawolf's Little Houses, expcting a vendor from Georgia! Soon as I have confirmation,will post. Should be great. Lots of room. New dealers to the area.Hope some of the locals decide to join us.Linda

Linda,

Just found your thread, great too see things coming along for you. I can imagine how much work is going into this. I was thinking that a blog would be a great way to get the word out about your show!!

Have you ever done one before??? If not i could help you out with one, let people know about the show. Its a great way to promote for free and if you know of any door prizes ahead of time or mini talks thay can also be promoted on it.

I was on the Chicago site the other day for the TB show and was looking at all the classes.

Well just a thought, hope things continue to go well for you!!

Jenn

Thanks for the offer. Yes, pass the word around about the show. First one I've ever done. There are rooms available at the Inn if anyone wanted to rent one and hold a class but I haven't heard yet. Also, got a contract from Aloysuis Mouse - coming all the way from georgia to do the show. Mini collectors-- you'll see people here who have never been to our area. Come to the show! Aloysuis Mouse does holiday related items. And I got an email yesterday from another new woman in Ohio,asking for a contract. As soon as I recieve contracts I'll add them to the list. The Inn is at the exit of the Pa. turnpike in Somerset,very easy to find. Linda

Yes we'll have door prizes. And Longefellowes is making a doll for a raffle - which will only have tickets sold the 2 days of the show.So, anyone coming to the show has a chance to win. No tickets will be sold months in advance. Buy your ticket sat. & sun. drawing sunday at the last hour of the show. Phone no. on ticket so you don't have to be present.Hourly door prizes, discount admission for seniors.

• 2 months later...

Really sorry but there won't be a Somerset show. I tried.Sent out over 40 contracts and the only ones I got back was one lady in Georgia, one in N.J. and one in eastern Pa. Sorry none of the western Pa.people were interested.It would have been good,I think,with a lot of customer turnout.But thanks for your interest.Linda

• 1 month later...

Too bad,yes. Would have been a good show for the vendors. I'm still getting calls from people who want to go as buyers and my friend in N.J. was coming up by bus with her miniature club. Would have helped the economy here. Linda

• 6 months later...

It seems the thread still runs from last year.The new show is August 11,12th,2012,here in Somerset,Pa.As promised,as I get the contracts back (and they have until April 15th so it'll be a space between postings) so far I recieved a signed contract fro M&R Miniatures from Rochester,N.Y. and they do kitchens and furniture in 1/4,1/2 and 1" scale.Never been at Greensburg but they have done the Philadelphia show so it should be nice to this area. Keep checking in.