wallpaper and flooring

byronthecat

Does anyone have a video file they can post or know of a good one on YouTube for installing wallpaper and wood or tile flooring? I searched but I am not finding a "bone" basics for the newbie. I am learning some good techniques reading the forums but sometimes I like to see the visual.

I don't know of a tutorial, but there may be one.

Yours is a good question because I've found that wallpapering and flooring isn't as easy as one might think. Also, one must be careful not to get paste on the front of the wallpaper because it doesn't necessarily "wash off" like regular wallpaper.

Maybe others will know about a tutorial. :p

I use the "successive approximation" method with wallpapering - stick my paper in there and crease it at the wall edges and around the windows, then cut it closer and closer each time time to get an exact fit. Some people will probably gasp at this method, but it works for me. At any rate, don't forget to seal your papers with matte sealer, front and back. Good luck!

I use the "successive approximation" method with wallpapering - stick my paper in there and crease it at the wall edges and around the windows, then cut it closer and closer each time time to get an exact fit. Some people will probably gasp at this method, but it works for me. At any rate, don't forget to seal your papers with matte sealer, front and back. Good luck!

I do the exact same thing and it works!

Barry, if you look at any of Linda's blogs from the Team Builds here on the forum, you'll see her share her many tips on how she does wallpaper to Perfection. One of her blogs is found here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...d=10&cat=25

Ah! Seal the wallpaper front and back? How? And using what for a sealer? And what method will work for using scrapbook paper for wallpaper? :p I'm just full of questions!

Thanks for all the great ideas. How does everyone handle ceilings? I am assuming many people paint them but I do not have "above" access to my top floor ceiling and I am going to tape wire it for a chandelier. I could just paint it but I do not think it will be the best job.