Greetings

CKing

Hi! I am finalizing my first doll house project (a 3-level, 8 room farmhouse)! I am having so much fun! I am better at the construction part of this, not as good at the crafty actions, but I'm working on it. Trying to decide now if I can do the landscaping myself or I should buy pre-made items! My next project is a general store with an apartment above. This could get addictive.

Welcome to the little family, Carol. It IS addictive, so what? And OF COURSE! you can do it yourself, we learn by doing, and there's no law that says you have to share any pictures of the things you're still learning with :) So which one is the 8-room house? When you've made five posts you can share any pictures you want to.

Hi Carol and welcome to the group. Landscaping is a lot of fun, I've made a couple of gardens from a mixture of bought and made things. Have a go, you'll be surprised at what you can actually do yourself.

gallery_4015_3116_863479.jpg

gallery_4015_3116_184295.jpg

Hi Carol and welcome to the Greenleaf Forum! It IS an addictive hobby.Much to our

collective relief.Sounds like you're working on a great project.When you have 5 posts you can start an album of your work. :)

Hi, Carol! Welcome on board . . . how we love adding a new member to our much beloved little community! Your projects sound wonderful, and I love your idea about putting the little apartment above the general store. Awesome!

I grinned when I saw that our much admired Jo Med told you to go for the landscaping. She is right, BUT . . . don't let her awesome pictures scare you off. Jo is just amazing, and even though I've been doing dollhouses for quite some time, I don't aspire to Jo's level. We will all thoroughly enjoy your landscaping & pictures no matter how small or how ambitious you go. We all start at the beginning, and it is a ton of fun to watch our own progress over time.

You are completely right about the "addictive" part, and as Llyn so aptly put it ("to our collective relief"), that's part of the fun. Besides, I think as far as seeing the world in new eyes, this is the most wonderful hobby for doing that. I look at found objects in an all new way from non-miniaturists. To me, most things would "be perfect for . . . or that . . . ".

Anyway, we look forward to hearing more from you & seeing your treasures!

• 3 weeks later...