Is It My End?

Merry

To me, this site seems to be high-speed challenged. If others are experiencing the same, then I'll know it's not on my end.

If not, I'll try to figure it out.

(I really tried to say this as lovingly as possible. Pleeeese don't lock me! I come in peace. :) )

It's been slow for me, but another non-miniature forum I frequent has also been having problems too, no matter if I am at home or at work.

I just figured that *things* go on thru the internet that while not directly related, affect us all. Like a certain famous hacker whose numerous hacker friends have been mobilized to attack a number of targets, and the counter efforts to defend against those attacks. That's just an example, and a theory. Might not be anything to it.

Not had any time to mini or post but still lurking quite a bit in the wee hours and it's been really slow going on my end. One day there was no connection at all.

The rest of the time it's been loading very erratically but always on the slow side. Sometimes I click a button and it doesn't do anything or go anywhere.

I've tried it from 3 different computers to check whether that was the simple fix but nope ... the same on every one and all other websites are just fine.

Also not getting email notifications any more either.

Thank you, everyone, for your in-put. :drool:

I called my cable service to ask why this wonderful, awesome, loving, kind, generous, informative, astounding, remarkable, incredible, and marvelous site ( :banana: )would be slow to access, etc. I am satisfied with their answer.

I go in peace. It must be noted that my question was dripping in love, and that I meant no disharmony in any way whatsoever. I trust you will not lock me yet again. :)

I love and adore all who own this site. You have my utmost admiration! :lol: I am totally devoted to you! :lol:

I have noticed the slowness quite a bit lately, and I am thinking that it is probably because of the extra cyber traffic due to the holidays. I can always tell when Ebay is being traveled heavily due to the same reason. It is so much more noticeable on the very large sites such as this one and Ebay.

Just a quick note to say, please, oh please, do not hold me responsible for other replies!! :lol:

Even though they are hilarious, and my side is hurting from laughing so hard!! :):drool: Oh! Oh! I can't stand it! :blink::banana: My (face) cheeks are hurting from laughing so long! FEMA!! :lol:

Ahem, I cordially remain your servant,

I have been dealing with slowness all week on all of the cyber world but it is my service provider (Cable provider :banana: ). They are working on it and hoping to have it fixed soon. It's been like this for me since Sunday when we lost our power for a few hours :)

Lately the site has been noticeably slower on my end too. Particularly the gallery section. Nowadays I visit other sites, while the page is loading.

Yes! The gallery section! I haven't posted any replies the last several days because I can't.

My cable company (Cox) said everything looked great "on my end!"

The net has been slow all over Mary. And wait until next week, when all the kids are home and on line.

Gina,

My internet isn't slow except for this one site. I'm not exagerating at all. I'm also not receiving all my email. That's not one bit of exageration, either.

My cable company tried to reach this site, too. I have purposely not said anything other than I know it's not my computer, or me, or my end. :)

Looks like most of us are having issues with speed. My pc and cable connections are VERY fast, yet this site really loads slow for me.

I checked my pc for viruses, and other infestations and nope, it's not me. Could it be that there's a lot of flotsam/old posts, or re routing that is going on with this site?

I'm like Mary btw...please don't kill me, and ban me from the site for voicing my worries, LOL. I mean no harm, and want only good things for this forum. But I'm not a webmaster so I don't know what can go wrong with the transfer of information packets..so I'm just sort of wondering aloud.

It could well be that the holiday traffic is slowing us down..but my issues have been going on for weeks, ack. I wait and wait for the pages to load.

Again, puleeeze don't swat me, GL, for voicing my concern. I mean well, really...OW! :giggle: that hurt!

just jokin, lol *ducks and runs*