Owwieee

CatColorado

I fell last night and hit my head. It was late, and dark, the cat was about to upchuck on the carpet. So I did what I usually do, I leapt out of bed to try to get her onto the tile where any accidents are easier to clean up. Apparently, I used a little more vigor than usual, and sailed across the room, losing my footing in the process, slamming my face into the door frame.

I was lucky. Nothing was broken and I did not land on the cat, but I did end up with a bump on my forehead, a swollen, bloody nose, a cut lip, and a bad case of rug rash on my knee. My neck and shoulders are also sore from the impact. My little accident could have easily ended up in a trip to the hospital.

Anyhow, the moral of this story is a cleaning bill is a whole lot cheaper than a trip to the Emergency Room. So if you are OCD like me, try to relax and take your time... what's one more stain on the carpet anyway?

(For the curious, I did get her off the carpet in time. :giggle: )

Wow, Cat! I'm glad you weren't hurt anymore than you were.

This sort of reminds me of a story from a mom whose son was killed in a car accident. He was a big lovers of dogs. He was driving on a two lane road when suddenly appeared a dog in the middle of the street. He swerved to miss the dog, but ended up killing himself.

The mom was trying to tell people that (if you can think that fast!), sometimes there are things worse than hitting a dog. Sad.

Well, I suggest you milk this for all its worth! Have everyone wait on you hand and foot! HA! :giggle:

Thanks guys :giggle:

I was telling my mother about it and I had her in stitches, she was laughing so hard.

Ironically, I was thinking of adopting another cat but this little incident knocked that thought right out of my head. I guess I should be thankful that the door frame stopped my forward momentum, otherwise I would have rolled right into the bathroom and ended up in the tub.

I am worried about my knee. I have a fear of needing knee surgery when I am older, so any falls and the like scare me.

I have survived lots of falls, although now my knees don't really work too well (I fell on both of them several times over the years); my shoulders' rotator cuffs don't work too well (several falls off the back of tandem bikes) and the joints in my right leg are unstable enough I need a cane if I'm walking much (except hiking, I use hiking sticks). Hang in there, Kathryn, and keep bouncing.

Oh poor Cat! You must be one big bundle of hurt today. I'm glad that it wasn't worse and no bones were broken but it's still a horrible crash and burn. Take good care of yourself and get to feeling better. I'll keep a positive thought that your knee gets better without surgery.

Soft and gentle hugs,

Deb

Oh, wow! I'm really glad you didn't fall on the cat!! Poor kitty, musta scared him/her a lot! BAD BigPerson...

oh...wait...uh...Gee, I'm sorry you got hurt! I hope you mend uneventfully!! :giggle:

Hey, I've got 4 cats. They all like to throw up on the carpet. Keeps their little paws warm and comfy while they're uurrrping...

Cat, hope you feel better soon. I suppose it could have been much worse.

Why is it that cats ALWAYS throw up on the carpet - 50% of my floors are wood laminate but I can NEVER recall cleaning that, its always on the carpet as soon as they start to heave, they run to find a carpet (or a bed - one actually got into bed beside me a few weeks ago, threw up while I was asleep and I woke up with it all over me - I'd rolled into it all) We have just come back from holiday and I have been going round with the Vanish trying to remove cat sick stains. The cat sitter always cleans it up but it takes some scrubbing to remove the stains.

If anyone has ever trained their cat to throw up in the litter tray - please tell me how you did it.

Owwwwwww, Kathryn. You know, the older I get, the less I like to fall because I find that it takes me a lot longer to heal. So, I just take things slow now. Hope you get better soon. (And yeah, there's always Resolve for the carpet!) LOL.

Holly, I know you still get around with all your hiking and biking, so it makes me feel better to know that a few falls haven't slowed you down THAT much. I guess the spector of knee surgery is my bogeyman, but as long as I watch my weight and stay active, I should be okay.

Deb, yeah I hurt. Can't wait for all the pretty colors to start showing up. I've been icing the sore spots, but there are so many that I think I should just put my head in the freezer. Might be more efficient.

Oh, wow! I'm really glad you didn't fall on the cat!! Poor kitty, musta scared him/her a lot! BAD BigPerson...

oh...wait...uh...Gee, I'm sorry you got hurt! I hope you mend uneventfully!! :giggle:

Hey, I've got 4 cats. They all like to throw up on the carpet. Keeps their little paws warm and comfy while they're uurrrping...

Ha! She didn't turn a whisker, nor did I receive any appreciation for my efforts on her behalf. This morning she did show some concern though. I picked her up and pointed to my face and told her "You caused this." and she gently stroked my cheek with her paw. She's a good cat. She'll be 18 on tax day.

Cats and carpet, I don't know what it is. She used to barf on my bed too, as did my mother's cat, but usually when I wasn't home. She doesn't do that so much anymore. She seems to prefer doorways at the moment.

I appreciate the well wishes, thank you <_<

DS#3 once made me a "Timex Award" because I took a lickin' and kept on tickin"...

DS#1 gets upset with me, but I told him if I kill myself playing hard it beats heck out of dying in bed in a nursing home or a hospital. One of our hiking buddies dropped dead of a heart attack hiking his favorite trail, and that's really not a bad way to go. I just hope it doesn't happen to me in the kayak; that's an awful lot of trouble for everyone else!

Oh, I am so sorry you are in pain. Now is the time to relax do those muscles can heal. My biggest fear would have been if I had lost any front teeth after I landed. Glad no broken bones!

I much prefer puke on the carpet to the tile, the grout will stain forever. Carpet, don't go at it straight away, let it dry, pick up the big bits, then vacuum. Gone. You'll need the carpet cleaned if you go after it fresh, you just force all the pigments into the carpet.

Cat, hope you feel better soon. I suppose it could have been much worse.

Why is it that cats ALWAYS throw up on the carpet - 50% of my floors are wood laminate but I can NEVER recall cleaning that, its always on the carpet as soon as they start to heave, they run to find a carpet (or a bed - one actually got into bed beside me a few weeks ago, threw up while I was asleep and I woke up with it all over me - I'd rolled into it all) We have just come back from holiday and I have been going round with the Vanish trying to remove cat sick stains. The cat sitter always cleans it up but it takes some scrubbing to remove the stains.

If anyone has ever trained their cat to throw up in the litter tray - please tell me how you did it.

That is too funny. Mine haven't ever thrown up on my bed, at least while I was in it. I have four cats too and they all throw up any old place. I have wood floors and just area rugs so it's usully not bad to clean up. I keep my sofa covered with throws so if they do it there I just throw them in the washer. Thank goodness it doesn't really smell and just looks like cat food and sometimes hair balls which are gross.

:giggle:

The carpet is white and the grout is sealed, so I vote tile. The stupid, white, carpet stains if you even look at it... at this point it really needs to be replaced.

White carpet with cats?

That is too funny. Mine haven't ever thrown up on my bed, at least while I was in it. I have four cats too and they all throw up any old place. I have wood floors and just area rugs so it's usully not bad to clean up. I keep my sofa covered with throws so if they do it there I just throw them in the washer. Thank goodness it doesn't really smell and just looks like cat food and sometimes hair balls which are gross.
One of my best friends is the neighborhood "cat lady" and has terrazo floors.