Very Sad Day

Scotty

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some very sad news with you. Simon my fur baby had to be put down this morning. Many of you will be familiar with his little face as he is the tuxedo cat that appears in my dolls houses. He has been ill since May/June with a kidney disorder but was coping well with regular treatment. I always said that when he appeared to be unhappy and the prognosis poor I would make the tough decision. I was up last night with him as he wanted to be cuddled and arranged for the vet first thing this morning. It transpired that his kidney cancer had developed and possible spread so it was time to let him rest. I am desperately sad to lose him but celebrate the fact that we had the best 17.5 years together.

Thanks for the comforting words. It is always hard to lose a loved pet. Simon was always a very nervous cat and didn't care much for adventures which I think helped him get to his ripe old age. He's approximately 85 in human years. My last cat Trixie made it to 14 but I'm amazed at that as they was always in a bundle of trouble and I was always having to rescue her from sticky situations.

:giggle: Debbie, my Beautiful Melody's cancer spread all throughout her body, but by the time we saw anything the vet said it was just a matter of a week or two before it got into her lungs and cause her untold suffering. It's the hardest thing in the world to let them go, but we had nearly 16 years with her. We'll see them again at the Rainbow Bridge.

This is indeed sad news.Brings a tear or two and a catch in your heart just to read about such a loss.Animals love unconditionally and it's hard to say Goodbye.But I think

most of us are comforted by the knowlege that we will see our little buddies again.

So sorry for your loss.

Awww...I'm so sorry you lost Simon, Debbie. :lol: It's so tough to lose a pet, especiallyl when you have to help them cross that rainbow bridge. You were a good owner to realize that his time had come, and to give him that final gift..no more suffering.

We'll look at his pictures in your gallery, and smile when we remember Simon and how he helped you build your houses. At this time of year it's extra tough..So we're holding you in our thoughts, and wishing you can soon remember only the good times, and forget the pain of loss.

((((Debbie)))) Virtual hug, Debbie. I know you need it. :o

Jeanne