Greenleaf wall thickness & new windows question

dollfie63

I got my new windows for the Adams, this time they fit! My problem is the walls aren't very thick, the window depth is 3/8" (this seems to be the standard wndow depth), and the windows aren't flush with the wall...I'm having "window issues" lol. I've added thin wood strips and mat board to thicken the walls but it's still not perfectly flush. How do most of you set new windows into a Greenleaf house? At this point I'm ready to just stick them in and pretend they're "box windows" lol.

The GL kit wood is usually 1/8" thick, CC usually 3/16". If I don't use the windows or doors that come with the kit I usually make my own; owever, I have used the Houseworks components and used scraps of kit wood as shims to make up the difference, on the inside for windows; curtains or drapes hide the shims. For doors I just paint the sides of the shims to match the framing.

I have been having the same problem with a door I bought for my Westville. What I did for mine is I bought some square rods. As in my case, 3/16 square. With the door's dimension and the rod, this allowed the proper depth needed to put into the door way. I put the rod between the exterior wall and the outside door frame. I added a picture to kind of show you what I did with mine. Hope this helps!

post-4868-1293042341_thumb.jpg

On the front windows and doors it isn't noticeable that they come in a little too far so I just leave them alone. On the side windows where it is more apparent I've added wood strips under the exterior window frames so they don't stick in the house so far. I've also found Hobby Lobby windows are a little less thick than Houseworks but are otherwise the same size. Curtains conceal the problem also.

I have been having the same problem with a door I bought for my Westville. What I did for mine is I bought some square rods. As in my case, 3/16 square. With the door's dimension and the rod, this allowed the proper depth needed to put into the door way. I put the rod between the exterior wall and the outside door frame. I added a picture to kind of show you what I did with mine. Hope this helps!

post-4868-1293042341_thumb.jpg

That's a great idea! It also adds a bit of architectural detail.

Check out my McKinley FirstDollhouse gallery. In the kitchen, I flush mounted the cafe doors on living room side and on kitchen side I put the trim molding next to door opening. It was the only way (and easiest) to make it work. The same with my working bathroom window. I will flush mount the inside and hopefully by putting the siding under window on outside it will work. Waiting for my siding to be delivered.