If money wasn't a concern...

minifan

What dollhouse kit would you buy???

I am sooo jealous!!! My gf is going to get a Queen Anne II for Christmas...(she's new to mini-ing, but is quite a hidden crafter...she made a GORGEOUS Orchid) her husband asked me to help pick a kit, and I talked to both RGT and HBS...QA II was the winner...and he got a great deal on it, though it won't be here in time for Christmas...he's wrapping up a picture of it around a pair of pajamas...

So it got me thinking that if I had no concern about money, what kit would I buy...

Either a QAII or maybe a Foxhall, but I would want the two addition kits with the Foxhall...and Brae/Otterine has me yearning for something in Brick!!! :lol:

What would you buy, just a kit, not other stuff???

That's a tough one! I'd have to browse for awhile to make a choice, but it would be BIG (I always run out of room!), something in the Victorian era because I love corners, turrets and cubby holes -- square/rectangular houses are so boring!

... signing off now, have to go drool :lol:

The idea of buying an expensive kit doesn't excite me, but a house build to my tastes, well...

If I had the money, I'd commission Tracy (MinisOnTheEdge) to build one of her cottages for me with all the paperclay stones and roof tiles.

• Like 1

I already have most of the dollhouses that I've dreamed about. The only one I want but can't afford right now is a Lawbre. Honestly, I think I'd be pleased with any of their models as long as it had Lawbre stamped on it. Unfortunately, I don't see me getting my hands on one in the near future unless I caught an incredible deal on one.

If money were no object and I had a big enough house to hold them all, and lived long enough, I want to build ALL the kits Greenleaf makes! If I didn't already have so mini kits awaiting build, the ONE kit I lust for is The Beaumont.

If money were no object and I had a big enough house to hold them all, and lived long enough, I want to build ALL the kits Greenleaf makes! If I didn't already have so mini kits awaiting build, the ONE kit I lust for is The Beaumont.

Yep...I'd do this one in laser cut!!! :lol:

If money were no object, I'd quit my day job so I could mini whenever I wanted!!!

Think so, huh? I didn't start this hobby until I got to the point that I did not need a day job any more and I still can't find enough time to work on minis.

Beware of what you wish for. I have more to do now than I ever did when I had that day job.

Valerie

Valerie, I know exactly what you mean!

I haven't worked outside of the home in almost 6 years and I still can't find enough time to work on my projects. Between keeping the house clean (which is a MUST for me), laundry, cooking, carting the kids to and fro, running errands and going to the gym everyday, I barely can get a few hours in each week to mini. I wouldn't want to go back to a 9 to 5 for anything, but I definitely do more at home than I ever did working outside the home.

Hm..I love my new house, and if money were no object, I'd get TWO of them, and make them back-to-back, so the house would be a 'complete' one thicker than one room in depth.

THEN I'd go hog wild with furniture and trimmings, of course.

I picked out my paint colors for the new dh today..a pinky clay color for the body, with a really cool Paynes Gray/muddy blue for the windows, and an off white for the foundation, which I will probably do as a large block brick..and I may forgo the white for more of the same body color, which is by Behr and called Sahara Sunset.

Since the house is monochromatic, I may do a light 'antiquing' on it. I will try a dummy piece first..a slab of plywood with a window glued to it..so I can get my technique just right.

Here's the house that will be my inspiration: And yes, it's very plain..but that's what I want, hehe!

post-5739-1293076690_thumb.jpg

Woot! I'm going to really ring in the new year with this house! YIPPEEEEEE!

J

If money were no object...hummm...

Let's see,a Holly Anne,another Fairfield,a Seaside Villa (Norm's ollhouses),a Mountfield (DHE).Anything with a very interesting floor plan,preferably 1/2 scale.

Everything I need to start lighting,lots of Balsa,Bass,dowels,skewers,foam core,glue,paint,cardstock,printer ink,spray fix,stains and a Dremel.Oh,and more SPACE !!!!

I think some of this would jump start my slump !!! :lol:

I would want one of every house by Greenleaf. Even though I have a few "other" houses, I'm just not crazy about other makers kits ( this is just my personal opinion of what I like). I would also have to have a space to display them all perfectly.

Um, I think mine would be the Queen Anne II. I've always wanted that house. Then, it would have to be a Majestic Mansion...not sure which one yet. Lawbre houses are beautiful, but I've never had the real desire for one. I think if money was of no object, I would build be a REAL mansion, just so I could have my dollhouses all in one area; creating a community of mansions and estates!

And, I keep praying for an early retirement too. I just want to sit home and build minis all day! I don't have any little people to care for, and my house stays clean because it's just me and the BF. So...mini building would be my J*O*B.

If money & Space weren't an issue, I'd LOVE Love LOVE to have a Garfield. Space is my biggest issue along with the money to create it the way I see it in my minds eye. Also, I would love to have a 1" scale Archistyles dollhouse kit. It's one of their painted ladies kits. I can't remember the name of it right now.

The idea of buying an expensive kit doesn't excite me, but a house build to my tastes, well...

If I had the money, I'd commission Tracy (MinisOnTheEdge) to build one of her cottages for me with all the paperclay stones and roof tiles.

Cat, you are making me blush. Thank you for that! :lol:

Let's face it, folks...if we all had the means to have whatever we wanted, we'd all ask for BRAND NEW RL houses, with many rooms designed perfectly to show off our beautiful houses, and every single darn dollhouse known to man. We'd also hope to have the means AND tools, to design our own.

Oh yes, and a lovely handsome/beautiful Djinn, to be our helper. (Mine MUST look like Mel Gibson..without that star's shameful temper) Anyone know where I can find such a critter?

HEY SANTA....ARE YOU LISTENING? *fumes* he has got to read this forum..after all his business is knowing what we like, right? I hope he hears me.

J

Oh yes, and a lovely handsome/beautiful Djinn, to be our helper. (Mine MUST look like Mel Gibson..without that star's shameful temper) Anyone know where I can find such a critter?

Hollywood. . .but he'll need space for his boyfriend. :lol:

I already have most of the dollhouses that I've dreamed about. The only one I want but can't afford right now is a Lawbre. Honestly, I think I'd be pleased with any of their models as long as it had Lawbre stamped on it. Unfortunately, I don't see me getting my hands on one in the near future unless I caught an incredible deal on one.

Me too!!! I drool over those Lawbre houses. I will never own one in this life unless I win the lottery :lol: