We are gonna have a Blizzard

heidiiiii

Blizzard warnings went up last night for my neck of the woods. As many of you know, I live in a city that is in Southeastern CT. I can see Long Island from my house! ROFL (bad joke)

Right now they are saying 11-16 inches but accumulations could be more if the storm tracks closer to the shoreline. We are in for all snow at this point right now. There is a light dusting going on at this point.

Fred has to work tonite! I hope he leaves early in the storm. He is going to try to get to stay overnight at the hospital. That way he will get some mega overtime and i will not worry that he is stranded in a snow drift. Could you have him in your prayers today? He is stubborn and he is going in..since he works for the hospital he is considered a necessary employee.

We have heating oil, portable heaters, food and drink, and entertainment. I have a half scale Arthur kit that I received for Christmas that I am going to start working on today. Yay!

Pretty soon I have to go outside and dig the second shovel out from underneath the front porch. I should do that now while it is still normal out..hehehe

How are you all in the South? How much snow did you get??

Heidi:

My parents are on their way to Florida today... but stopping first to visit my brother in CT. I hate the idea of them driving in bad weather & won't rest easy till I know they have made it to their destination in a few days.

What part of CT? The whole state is going to get hammered but here on the coastline (and Long Island) will get the brunt of it. I hope they make it out safely also. It has already started to come down now here.

Fred just left for work. He will text me when he gets there. At least the hospital is in our city and he does not have to travel far. I pack him a big bag of food. Jambalaya for dinner and all sorts of snacks but healthy and not. He has his meds, his phone charger, and extra clothes. So I probably wont be seeing him until tomorrow night at 11pm. Stinks huh?

It is snowing at a good clip here now but not blizzard like yet. I am working on the half scale Arthur here in dining room. Good day to do it.

It's been snowing all day down here. At one point near lunchtime it looked like 2" or so, but then as the day went on it keeps melting as it snows. The grown is not cold enough. But it does looks nice. I'm from N.J. so I'm used to snow and I love it, but most people think it's just a pain in the ___. Last year we got 6", but by noon the next day it was gone. The kids across the street had built snowmen. They never saw snow before.

That blizzard is all that has been on the news today. This was the first year since I moved here that we didn't have snow on Christmas, our weather has been beautiful.

All you people getting snowed on, take care and stay warm and safe. :)

Snow in SC. We have several inches, and the temp didn't rise much for melting in our area (central). It will get colder tonight with warnings of black ice. A perfect day to stay home and work on minis...which I did.

Been reading about your weather on the news, over there on the East Coast. Here on the West Coast we just have rain and more rain, with the temps staying in the 40's. The mountain passes have snow, but we are sea level. I love snow and hope we get some before too long. Glad you've got some minis to occupy your time. Maybe that's why I like the snow so much -- good excuse to stay home :)

We went into Tallahassee for errands, since the plumber keeps us tied to the house while he's here working. It was overcast & godawful cold, and by 3 PM, as we were headed to the grocery store on our way home, we saw individual flakes of snow that had turned into flurries that made the 6 PM news! DS called us at 8 to say it was snowing at his house. It's in the low 20s right now (3:30 AM).

I posted pics of what I had done with the Arthur so far. I will build it some more today. It is still snowing but at least the wind has died down. I was able to get a couple hours sleep but around 3am the wind was howling so badly that I was up.

I have a deacon`s bench on the front porch. It is completely flipped over. I will take a pick when it is brighter out. I will have to go out back and walk around the house because I cannot open the screen front door.

The plows came by once last night around 10pm. They have not been back since. Fred slept over night at hospital (he did not sleep well either). He and I were watching the same NCIS marathon on USA. LOL He has to work a double today. The woman that does his job first shift has suddenly become *sick*. She always pulls this garbage. No problem. We could use the extra money. So I have to shovel. I will TRY to get Natalie to help me but she did not get to bed until like 3 am herself (she is like me with the wind keeping her up)

I will try not to over do it out there. I promised Fred. I wish I had extra cash to pay one of the roving teenagers but I do not. I will do the walkway, steps, and some of the street in front of house. He does want me to hurt my back. I do not want me to hurt my back..hehehe

I do not know how much we have gotten. I guess they will tell us in the morning.

Careful, Heidi, undoing all that hard work to get you back on your feet and feeling strong enough to tackle snow-shoveling just isn't worth it. Leave the snow - it will melt sooner or later - and save your back!!

Was snowing gently earlier this evening here with much more guaranteed the next few days. Me, I'm just glad that all that snow piled up on the roof has now fallen down off the roof in chunks and with jump-outa-your-skin bangs. The last bit - one I'd tried to "help" to fall this morning but was too frozen for my broom to make a difference to - fell with a window-rattling, heart-stopping CRASH a couple of hours ago. Wish it was the last, but since it is snowing again and will continue snowing for the foreseeable future, it ain't going to be the last crash. Oh, well....

All of you on the east coast and in the south, my heart goes out to you. Please stay safe, warm, and indoors if you can!

Oh Mary that happened last year for us. We have lived her almost 13 years and that was the first time it ever happened to us. Scared the bejesus out of us. I will be careful. I am steadily working on the Arthur and it is not even close to bright out yet.

I don't envy any of you having to deal with the snow and flooding on the west coast. But we could sure use some moisture of some kind. Still just dry and very windy. Everyone down here is sick with allergies and sinus problems from the blowing dust and cotton lint.

I have a daughter in N. Maine ! She called last night & said that they have the wood cut, groceries stocked up, the snowmobile checked out & plenty of dog food for her 'monsters' ! :)

The bad stuff missed us here in PA.

Steve in PA

Well at least the sun is out, and even if the heat weren't going nonstop and holding (set at 68F) the house at 64F, the frost is gleaming white until there's enough sunlight to melt it.

Heidi, the 1:13 Arthur was the first Team build I ever did, and it goes together FAST!

I don't envy any of you having to deal with the snow and flooding on the west coast. But we could sure use some moisture of some kind. Still just dry and very windy. Everyone down here is sick with allergies and sinus problems from the blowing dust and cotton lint.

Sherry, there's one thing I definitely DON'T miss about West Texas. Sure do miss the sunshine though.

Still snowing & blowing here in Southern NH, but we got a chuckle when one of the weathermen said that "this storm was an underperformer." Guess the highways are still not very good for travel, so just pulled something out of freezer for supper & won't have to go out all day. Let's just hope the power stays on.

Well we got about 1/4-1/2 inch on Christmas night here in south Atlanta. White Christmas! It snowed a little bit on and off yesterday, a little more than flurries, but not enough to make much difference. It hasn't got above freezing yet since it's fallen though, so most everything is still around. Just enough to be pretty, but not dangerous or a pain.

All of you that got lots of bad snow, please be safe and warm.

Wheeee! We usually get massacred over the Christmas holiday..but this year, we only got 8 inches! Seems like most of the white stuff got dumped on the coast! I feel bad for everyone who got smacked with it..but at the risk of sounding selfish...BETTER YOU THAN ME, Muhahahaha!

Sorry for that outburst. I hope your snow melts soon. I really do.

Please DO NOT MAIL ME ANY SNOW, k?

We had rain on Christmas night that turned to snow the next morning. Didn't stick to anything but the hood of the truck, but still counts. It was the talk of Walmart when we went to pick up half off Christmas decor.