Anyone tried to light up/electrify Greenleaf Town?

biomom

Hi everyone,

I'm having fun putting together the Greenleaf Town (yes, I got it at the recent online sale!). Typically over-ambitious me is thinking about trying to light up the insides...I know it says no Xmas tree lights, but there are types that don't heat up. Maybe they would be an easy solution? I'm not sure I really want to wire them all (seems like a hot mess to try to connect separate houses to the same system). Maybe I should look into train set hobby stores as the 1/4 scale is used with model trains? Any ideas?

Thanks! Happy holidays.

-Janet

There are some small (1.5 inch diameter) amber led lights that might work.

They are battery operated, water submersible cases, and they run cool.

About $2 per light.

100candles sells various LEDs like this in different colors.

I like the amber for golden light.

Thanks for that tip, Holly! Wow, those battery-run lights look awesome. I'll definately try them out on my 1/2" lighthouse (next summer's project) and maybe my Harrison too. I'm not sure if they will work for my little town houses since the roof needs to be glued on (I'm not sure I can get my finger through a door to turn them off. I'm also interested in hooking all the houses up to the same switch to turn them all on or off (if possible). Hmmm....

• 6 years later...

The model Railroad section indeed has "house lights"  the bulb is a miniature screw base bulb about the size of a pea.  Usually they come with 12v bulbs feed them 8-10v they will last near forever and not overheat the houses.  That is what I did with mine.

Ed