so who is here, at home, this new year's eve?

jujurodgers

Me i am at home, as usual for a new year's eve LOL....probably wont make it till midnight either, again as usual.....supposed to get to around 14 below zero tonight! that may make me wake up and keep woodstove going all night...and am watching twilight zone on sci fi channel...pretty much a marathon! but right now they are taking a 2 hr break for wrestling? on the sci fi channel????

Yep, I'm here. All the boys are playing XBox or computer games, and probably will until midnight. So I'll hang out in here and stare at my BH and not get anything done.

I'll probably go to bed right after midnight, I'm sleepy. I'll get the sparkling juice out soon, I've got 2 bottles so may as well drink some!

Baby, it's waaaay too cold out there to be out there! Even Mr. Koko is staying in tonight, and so am I. Watching old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix, listening to some coyotes yipping down the block, and hoping things don't get too rowdy at the (in)famous Brick tavern a block away.

Yep, that's me, just a fuddy-duddy these days! Funny that there's such an appeal to staying warm, isn't there?

(15 below, Kathryn - OMG!! s'posed to get down to -10F here tonight....guess it's winter for real in both our mountain ranges!)

Our cold weather is supposed to return tomorrow. It has been mini years since DH & I felt like sharing the road with the drunks & crazies partying on their way home from the parties. We're real good about staying home, and any more I son't care to stay up; although ususally the neighbors' fireworks are loud enough to wake me for a few minutes, just to remind me it's New Year's Eve; but we heard the fireworks going off at 1830, so maybe they aren't staying up past midnight this year, either (I can hope...).

I agree with Katherine - I can't be bothered. It's already 2011 here in Oz. We didn't do anything. My husband was on standby until 8pm (for fires - it's been hot here) and we are both on standby for the next three days so we can't go anywhere or drink anyways. Suits me fine! I've done lots of tidying up and rearranging!

I finished reading a Detective Inspector Lynley mystery and only periodically watching the ball-drop mayhem on TV. This is my 69th New Year's celebration. It's getting old ... :) ... I did have a drink to celebrate the new year and learned that rum and diet Sierra Mist is a really baaaaad idea! Tasted like drinking a liquified band-aid. *ack*

I'm with you guys, its a long time since a new year's party dragged me out in the cold. John went to bed early - he's such a wuss and I watched the London firework display - absolutely magnificent - and then finished up a couple of hat ladies that I started work on yesterday. Just have to make the hands and feet and then they are ready for baking. Son and girlfriend spent the night in Edinburgh where Hogmanay is a huge celebration and Princes' street is one big street party with live bands, fireworks etc. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

The last Yew Year's party we went to was when we lived in Union, SC (probably before susan Smith was born!) and went to a party that finished up at someone's house for breakfast, and what they were promising was ham biscuits and omelets and what we got were the dinky generic baked frozen biscuits with slices of fried Spam (I kid you not) and a huge pile of scrambled eggs. Oh, and instant grits, which I never eat because they taste exactly like the old white paste we used in elementary school. I have survived as mini New Year's Eves as KathieB, and after a while it's OK not to drink.

Today it's ham, blackeyed peas, collards & cornbread! for dinner, and minis!

I stayed in last night, as I have for the last several New Years' Eves. There is nowhere I would rather be than at home with my cats & my minis. I did plan to stay up to watch the ball drop at midnight, but I dozed off and missed it. My 74 year old mother called me to say Happy New Year and woke me up. Pitiful, isn't it that SHE could stay awake and I couldn't! I had to chuckle.

I told myself I needed to spend all day doing in-depth house cleaning today, but I think I'll celebrate the new year by working on my haunted mansion . . . it is SLOW going, but I am getting pretty excited about the progress I've made just in the last few days. I also need to put the finishing touches on another house that is almost done. I could probably actually finish that one today if I decided to work on it . . . hmmm, decisions, decisions!

I was at home last night, and online, but didn't see this thread until this morning. I'm always up till midnight or later so that was no biggie, but we "celebrated" by sitting comfortably in the living room (DH is out of town); my mother in her recliner, and me in my comfy chair - with my small table, lamp, tools, and MINIs - while we watched all the mayhem and madness on TV. Seattle Space Needle has awesome fireworks every year and we have a much better view at home than the people do who are actually there. Then we enjoyed views of the streets, swarming with people and unmoving cars! :clap:

All in all it was a much better way to start the New Year than with a hangover!

Well I hope the gourmet paddling trip avoided the yucky weather. We have a storm system complete with rain & thunder that I expected a lot earlier today, so passed up the opportunity to get up at oh-dark-thirty to get on the Chipola River at 8:30 EST or go hiking in Tallahassee at 0900, and stayed warm & dry indoors. We are watching the Gators and Penn State whomp the bejeezus out of each other in the Outback Bowl; outstanding shots of Tampa Bay!

Zeb had to work at our local watering hole. I stayed home. It was fantastic, I worked on my minis! Got a lot done too!

Zeb came home about 3 a.m. and we toasted each other with an eggnog, and went to sleep. Well, he went to sleep. I watched Twilight Zone until about 7am, and then I finally fell asleep. I slept late, too, not awakening until a bit after Noon today. It was great!

My town is notorious for whooping it up to the max....I'm probably the only person in town without a hangover this morning. Fine by me, LOL, I paid my dues a loooong time ago.

J

We were home, too. I haven't gone out and done new years since Cayce has been around. James and I didn't even spend the evening together! He was in the room playing on his Xbox and I was in the craft room, mini-ing away and watching Julie and Julia (LOVE that movie). We both stopped at 11:59 to watch the ball drop, shared our kiss at midnight and went back to what we were doing. Ha!!! Guess I have reached adulthood! :clap:

Just noticed you're on 1000 posts April! Congrats :clap:

I probably couldn't be bothered to go out New Years, but I've managed to get people to come here instead for the last 4 years! They mostly tend to stay up until 3 or 4, but I got to bed around 1 (if not to sleep until they go to sleep!) It is nice to see friends again, I don't have to go out, them coming means the flat is very tidy for the start of the new year anyway, they leave again the next day, just a nice solution for me!

I too stayed in on New Year's Eve. We made "Hoppin' John"with Black eyed peas for tomorrow-and cornbread.Traditional Southern fare for Good luck!! Oh, and I made sure that I stayed up until midnight so I could say,(out loud) "White Rabbit,white rabbit" for

good luck again! Always do that each month.Got that tradition from Mom..but found out

it's a British tradition when I was in Wales a few years ago.

Have a sick Greyhound with infected tooth(on meds) so tended to him.So was a quiet

NYE..but very happy one.I love to stay home.Oh, and also jotted down ideas for mini

projects... :clap: