Greenleaf Community

Bea Killion

I just want to take a minute to say "Thank you" to all you wonderful mini folk in this community. Since moving down south from NJ I have only one friend across the street, and it's gets quite lonely. But in finding this wonderful place, I have found so many mini-friends. You all are so helpful in every way and generous in your compliments. It's such an uplifting. Even though we can't see one another in person, it's great to have so many friends to share ideas, and feelings. It's (almost) as good as chocolate. :) :groucho: Big ((((())))'s to you all!

I live in a small town,(moved from a large town in CT.4 yrs ago.) and know no one who

is interested in mini anything.So I think Greenleaf is a Godsend and one of the best sites around!! Makes my day!!So many friendly people!!!! :) :groucho:

I agree. All my friends roll their eyes when I start rambling about my mini and I get very excited about conquering a problem I had or how great something came out. At least we can all appreciate each other. I came from NYC to Okeechobee...talk about a culture shock. Pat

I feel very much the same way, we just moved to a very small town in B.C. and I have no friends. The only people I know are the people I work with and they are just that co-workers and nothing else. I too feel very lonely most of the time, and it is such a comfort having this forum to visit each day even if we can't see one another at least we can communicate and discuss our mini adventures!! I honestly don't know what I would do without all of you, so thank you!! :)

Oh, I feel the same way! You all are mini rockstars. It has been, and clearly still is, a great place to come and talk. I have harvested some good friendships and two of my closest friends now came from right here. :nonono: :) I don't know what I would do either. The few friends I have made here in Gainesville recently, are amazed and bewildered by all my tiny creations... but they don't really want to here me gush or gush along with me. I say thank you to everyone, too. Much love to all of you for being so awesome. :groucho: :popcorn:

Me too!

I have never in my life even met someone else who minis - so the forum is a fabulous place to chat with like-minded folks (Weirdos, my sons would say :groucho: ) And everyone here is so nice!

And, Bea, there's no reason we can't enjoy the forum and chocolate at the same time - that's the ultimate in comfort!

Thanks, everybody! :)

Bea, many of us feel the same way!! I love this place. Sometimes, it really does feel like this is our neighborhood and that we are all neighbors and friends. Borrowing a mini "tip" to use on my house is like borrowing a cup of sugar to make a cake. I feel at home here and im glad others feel the same way! (((( hugs)))) to you too :)

I feel same way too, I also live in rural area (horses and cows haven't got much to say!) and work way to much but I love to wake up early get my coffee and read about new ideas look at new pictures of houses and sometimes post, this site made that possible!!! Thank you too! :)

It's good to know that many of you feel the same way. I can't understand why, when I show off my work to RL people, thay don't get as excited as I do. That's why this place is so great. We all enjoy doing our minis :)

Greenleafers are the best! :groucho: I do love seeing the houses adn all the useful tips. But I also love all the non-dollhouse friendliness. I love "knowing" everyone personally, and learning about people from different areas. It's neat to hear of different traditions, how people cook (love the recipes!), and how people live in different areas. It's all very fascinating to me.

So thanks everybody for being great all-around friends! :popcorn: :)

All of the above and then some! I'm lucky to have one dear real life friend who understands and shares the joy of minis, but to come here and be surrounded with friends, both on line and those I've been privileged to meet in person, is a blessing. Hugs to all! :) :groucho: :popcorn: :nonono: :hippi: :nana:

I so totally agree with all sentimenst shared allready and have to add another thing as well, as being over here I would never ever had known of so much without all of you!

So lots of hugs to all around here, you are all the greatest! :)

Me too !!!

I live out in the sticks too and have no other miniaturists nearby. This place (GL) is a bright light in my day, every single day.

I don't always log in or post but I always check out the Gallery, Chit-chat and General for new and exciting ideas, eye candy, new links to cool sites and crazy good solutions to mini problems, as well as, life problems.

Thanks to Dean and crew for hosting this wonderful family (forum) and thanks to all of you members who make it a wonderful place to visit.

NYC to Okeechobee? Oh, Pat! You sound like one of DH's aunts who was a Brooklyn girl who married one of his uncles she met during WWII and after the war she came to live with him, in Sylvester County, GA! At least you're in Okeechobee and not Pahokee!

I absolutely feel the same way. This site has been a God send. There have been many days in the last few years that I haven't even wanted to get out of bed each morning. I get on here and read all that's new and it cheers me up. Thank you all for being the wonderful on-line friends that you are.

lyn

I find myself talking to people about minis and they have this blank look on their faces. Then I realize I am not in the company of someone who appreciates the hobby that really has been a god send for me. It would not be as much fun to work on my miniatures alone. I wonder if we all would have built as many dollhouses and made as many minis if we did have each other to chat and share then with. We keep each other company no matter where we live. Have a wonderful mini weekend!

Don't want to sound redundant here, but "Me too!" I feel like the GL group is family. It's great to be with like-minded people, to admire the work others do, and get instant help and support and ideas when needed. I've "tiptoed" into a few other forums, but didn't like the atmosphere and just left. And the longer I'm here the more I appreciate it. Y'all are great people and I'm proud to be a part of this community :)

Me too, me too!!!!

Yikes, sounds like most of us live in the boondocks. We'd all go stir crazy without our mini obsession!

Yup, I've given up talking to the rest of the family about minis..in our family, classic cars are the main interest. Nope, not for me..I'm one of those people who views cars as...if they have four wheels and a drive shaft, and get me where I want to go..that's all I'm interested in, carwise.

So this forum is a godsend for me too! I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have you all to communicate with.

J

Let me get the redundancy out of the way with my "Me too me too!" lol I'm in a very rural area as well, and if I talk mini anything to my family or friends all I hear is how I'm crazy for putting the time and effort that I do into my projects... Proof I guess to each their own. I also would very much like to send out a huge thank you as well, whether I post each day or not -- I definitely log in to catch up on the latest tips, tricks, and general mini gossip of what's going on with you all. Truly this has become not only a huge positive for me each day in hearing what everyone's up to, but somewhat like an escape hatch from dealing with some of the rl drama it seems my family is so prone to come up with. It is more appreciated than any of you will ever know!