going to MIA

MonixMia

I know I have not been very active on the forums, I have had quite a bit of RL stuff going on and have had to take some time away from the internet to deal with them. Things have finally calmed down on the home front and things are looking good :)

My husband and I are in the nerve racking process of buying our first home! We have a closing date of Feb 15!! So I will be MIA for a while, since I will cleaning and packing and dealing with the other aspects of buying a home.

Once things get settled I can return to building my doll house again!!

I will still be visiting here and I hope once we are in the new house I can be more active here!

I really like the vibe here and look forward to being a more active member!

Thanks for everyone's support so far!

. We are only moving 1.8 miles away from where we currently live. My husband did look into getting movers- for $500 they would move our stuff- I can think of to many other ways of spending that $500!! LOL. So.. we will be moving ourselves.

Things are moving right along- although not at the pace I would like!!

Congratulations, Monica! Moving can be stressful but it is so much fun to move into a place that is all your own! Hope you'll have room for dollhouse and such. We'll be watching for you when you get settled in :)

Hooray to Monica and Hubby!! Buying/moving into your first home is so exciting,scary,awesome,fun,tiring,wonderous and satisfying!! I remember my first house.

Good luck to you both and we'll miss you 'till you are settled.!Congrats!!!! :)

Things are moving right along..... at a snail's pace! SOoooo much paperwork!

There is a loft area above the garage area that I will be using as my doll house area. It needs some work, but it has a floor and a roof and LOTS of space to build and set up my houses ( I plan on making more ) My dad is even offering to teach me how to use tools and has been talking about helping me fabricate my own houses!! So exciting!

Thanks everyone for you support!!

A loft...ohhh what a nice place for a mini workshop! And you live in Georgia so it'll be warm most of the time.

I have a room upstairs that I could use for a shop IF I could make it up the stairs every day. But darn it, it's also cold here 9 months out of the year..and our upstairs gets real cold. So I guess I'm shortcircuted there too.

Dad will help you do your own designs? COOL! Wow a new house and all these extra goodies! Congratulations! Come see us when you have time, and be sure to take PICTURES~~

J

• 2 weeks later...

Checking back in. We are two weeks away from closing! It has been nerve racking! We have hit a few bumps, but hopefully we are on track now.

I have been cleaning, organizing and packing. I miss my doll house. I cant wait to get back to work!

We went to the flea market yesterday and I found a few items for my house. I also found another Orchid kit for $5!! So obviously I HAD to pick it up!

Hopefully next time you hear from me, it'll be from my new home!

Best wishes to everyone!!

Congratulations! I remember when i bought my first real own home a couple of years ago, i was so proud of myself!

would never have imagined it would have the impact on me that it had.

it gave me a feeling of independence and safety too, and the idea that i was succesfull because i had provided my children a roof over their heads.

look at me... i am bla bla-ing away.... getting all emotional haha.

i wish for you and yours all the happiness you can think of in your new home.

Congratulations on buying your first real life home. That is so exciting, I remember doing that!

Good luck with your moving day, it will be very tiring, but worth it.

A dollhouse space, how wonderful! $5 Orchid? Great find, sounds like you have the dollhouse bug already! Here's to many more dollhouses!

Sam