Need scissors to cut aluminum cans

I am trying (and failing) to find scissors that I can use to cut shapes into aluminum cans. My regular household scissors are definitely not made for aluminum. They probably won't even cut paper now!

I am afraid of buying (and ruining) an expensive pair of fabric scissors because I don't know if they will be able to do what I am wanting.

I have searched Wal-Mart and the internet and can't seem to come up with anything.

I stumbled across this website online http://www.paulvillinski.com/artwork/beercan.html and what this guy does with beer cans is amazing. It says he uses tin snips, but I can't believe you could get such intricate detail from a pair of tin snips. I don't want to do anything fancy like this - just basic circles, squares, etc. I'll basically be cutting the tops and bottoms of the cans off and then flattening out the middle part and using that to cut out the shapes.

Anyone have any experience cutting aluminum cans that could offer some advice? Thanks in advance!

Tin snips are the tool of choice for cutting up tin or aluminum cans, and a pair of heavy leather work gloves that fit well, to protect your hands from being sliced & diced by the sharp metal edges (and never mind how I know...).

I use a pair of dollar store scissors to cut pop cans. First I stick in a utility knife blade at the top and make a slice big enough to stick the scissors in, then cut around and down to the other end and around again. I also use paper punches to cut shapes out.

Thanks you guys! I knew someone out there in Greenleaf land would understand what I was looking for. I think I'll try the penny cutters first b/c I think I'll be able to get more detail with them. Then the tin snips will be my backup if it doesn't work.

And yes, I will definitely be getting some good gloves :)