Mini on the way!

Muriel

Boy do I remember the back pain. I had it real bad with my first but not with the future ones. They all seem to bring their own set of issues. Individuals right from the start.

Hope you are mini-ing up a storm so you don't have withdrawal when you are busy with the RL mini.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been doing much miniing at all really, in fact should be doing a little tin scene but can't find the enthusiasm for it. I'm sure I'll find the enthusiasm as soon as baby is here and I don't have time!

Been nesting. We're in a flat that has no storage space at all - and we have plenty that needs storing with a dollhouse hobby and a warhammer hobby! Makes our flat very cluttered. The hobby room is going to be the baby room, and has enough space for it, but along one wall is also our clothes cupboards and a hobby shelf with suitcases on top of one, box of building supplies on another and seasonal supplies on the third. So it is out of the way, but not very pretty for baby. I've got a big woven blanket (supposed to be carpet, but it is very thin) which I think we can drape over the stuff on the cupboards, but still feels a bit like we've stuck the baby in there with the rest of the stuff, even if it is hidden :rolleyes: Well gotta make do with what we've got until Chris finds another job and we can move!

Not that it'll happen very soon, if even while we're in this flat, but I've made the ensuite baby safe and the main bathroom just needs its skirtings/doors washed. Next would be good to work on the kitchen as it needs it, but it is also full of recycling which is heavy and needs brought down to the car to take to the tip. Might move it to the passageway and get Chris to move it when he gets back from work (but he's always tired then and doesn't want to do more work!). Once it is out of the way I can get going properly in the kitchen.

Pip is kicking away happily still. Think he/she is definitly expanding and pushing into my lung space. It isn't nice feeling breathless - makes me feel even more unfit than I am! Having a hard time sleeping properly - side still hurts. Got a new mattress which is only a little bouncier than I'm used to, so getting used to sleeping on that. The one we had before was just about dead, had little dips where we lay (broken springs) and so kept Chris on his side and me on mine. Now the dips are gone and Chris prefers sleeping in the middle of the bed :) Once he's out around 6:30 I get another few hours better sleep. Hopefully my side will get better and I'll be able to sleep more comfortably soon.

Yeah, been using a small cushion under my side which helps for a couple hours, but then I've caught up on a little sleep and the cushion doesn't work enough to let me keep sleeping - the longer I sleep on the side, the more it starts to hurt again :) Bigger cushion doesn't work, sleeping on my other side worked for a few nights, but last night didn't work either. I tend to sleep on my tummy, though it is getting more uncomfortable now, so can't do that for so long. When I sleep on my side my arms/hands often go numb - sometimes it is the bottom arm, sometimes the top arm! Just frustrating me I think. Might put a little board between our heads so Chris can realise how much bed he takes over during the night and see if that makes a difference! :rolleyes:

Congratulations Muriel! Very exciting news!

My first born was also born in April, great month to have a baby.

I remember those aches and pains! I use to go in the pool to ease my back pain and to let the natural buoyancy of the water support my tummy (I wanted to sleep in the pool, and I told my doctor that I thought my hip bones were going to protrude through the skin if I slept one more night in a regular bed! He did not recommend sleeping in a pool. I survived however).

Wishing you good nights rest for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Looking forward to seeing Pip!

I don't know about not sleeping in a pool, toward the end of my pregnancies I had so many pillows in the bed for support that SH would wake up clinging to his side for dear life! On the other hand, a lot of birthing centers use a lovely heated pool for deliveries, with subdued light and quiet, so Baby makes its arrival into a lot friendlier world than that of the usual hospital delivery room.

Still aching and paining, but hey!

29 weeks today - baby's immune system is developing and it is now around two pounds heavy and around 15 inches from head to toe. Amazing that that can fit inside me and is still growing! I had a scan done on Monday, was just a quick one to measure Pip's growth. Head is a little big, abdomen a little bigger (about a week ahead of schedule), but still within the allowable range (not exactly sure what they do when it grows outside that range!) Pip is still head up rather than upside down, and been like as long as I've been feeling it and also for every scan I've had, so not sure how keen he/she is to turn around!

Have another growth scan in 3 weeks, so we're hoping to look around the hospital then and see their birthing suits and discuss birthing options. Caesarean seems quite a likely option as things are, but we'll see how they develop over the next 9-10 weeks.

HbA1c blood test which measures my sugar levels over the last 3 months came back the same as the one done in November, so that is excellent that it hadn't gone up. Sugar levels are going up now though, insulin is nearly double what it was 2 months ago, but was told that was expected, so not worrying.

post-2387-1297541899_thumb.jpg

6 more weeks until I finish work :p and have a week off in between too :lol: Time is still going slow though :p

Knitting away!

Don't kid yourself, Muriel...those weeks will fly by before you know it. Watch for signs of impending birth..mothers-to-be can do some crazy things a day or two before they go into labor.

I read where one woman decided she had to iron all the shoestrings in her shoes! Some women want to get down on hands and knees and scrub everything. Others start stocking foods they didn't normally like. Others rearrange closets till their fingers bleed. So watch for obsessive behavior of any kind.

I read where one woman decided she had to iron all the shoestrings in her shoes! Some women want to get down on hands and knees and scrub everything. Others start stocking foods they didn't normally like. Others rearrange closets till their fingers bleed. So watch for obsessive behavior of any kind.

I washed and vacuumed all the rocks in my rock garden when I was pregnant with my last one. Nothing a leaf blower and a good spray with the hose couldn't handle - but that was just not good enough!

Yeah, we'll definitely be discussing other options for birth, hopefully Pip'll turn still! Pool sounds lovely, wish they had more available in each location :lol: Though know we're lucky to have the option available full stop.

:lol:

Those weeks will fly by. And don't worry about the turning. My son was still head up all the way up until a week before I delivered.

My husband nearly went nuts but the time I delivered our last baby. I made him scrub the tub every day after he had a shower because I could not stand the smell of the soap he used.

Somehow I missed this thread. You got yourself quite a souvenir on your honeymoon! My sister in law delivered her last three in the water and wouldn't have it any other way, she found it more soothing, being in the nice warm water.

So any news on whether you have a Pip or Pippa (or Pippy?)

No news on Pip or Pippa, planning to keep it a surprise :p All my knitting so far has been rainbow/multicoloured, and think relatives knitting has been creamy or yellowy.

Definitely getting bigger now, the trousers that did up absolutly fine last weekend and in fact had to be pulled up regularly are now tight and sitting with button undone :shifty: will have to get another pair or two of maternity trousers on monday I think! 30 weeks yesterday and Pip is still sitting high. At work on thursday and friday I got a few comments about defnitely blooming now :flowers: I call it being uncomfortable now :ohyeah: So glad it is still wintery time and I don't have to be uncomfortable in the warm summer! Such a weird sensation feeling stuffed full all the time, even - TMI - going to the toilet doesn't relieve it (whereas after a big meal it probably would :ohyeah: )

Have next week off work to catch up on some sleep and get the baby room ready. Will be sorting out paperwork and notes from uni that I haven't looked at in 1.5 years too to make space. Sister is coming to help move any furniture if needed. Exciting!

You start to notice different things in life during the last trimester; like restaurant booths are made only for thin people, you know where all the rest rooms in your favorite stores are, you also know which stores have places to sit down, and suddenly the car seems lower to the ground when attempting to get in or out.