Mini on the way!

Muriel

Congrats to you and Chris!!! I've been away and hadn't seen your news until this morning! Both of mine were c-sections (first was an emergency, the second son stayed breach to the end).

I know you can't wait for that little one to arrive!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Holly!!! Have missed all of you!! Many months of trying to get my 93 year old mom better hearing aids and decisions on assisted living places. Emotional roller coaster for all of us. Glad to be mini-minded again!

36 and a half weeks! Got a scan this afternoon, can't wait.

Have been sleeping worse the last half a week or so, now side hurts no matter how I lie, including in the bath. So go to bed on my left side around 10-10:30, wake up around midnight and can't lie down again. So go doze in the armchair for the rest of the night. No storing up sleep for me :wub:

Since Friday have had lots of movement from the baby. Since then my pubic bone has been rather sore and I'm definitely hobbling around rather than walking and not far at that! I'm thinking Pip has turned it's back to my tummy and put it's head in my pelvis getting ready.

Also had my uterus/tummy measured. Normally it's size corresponds to the number of weeks pregnant you are. On friday should have been around 36cm give or take a cm. Actually it was 42cm. No wonder I'm uncomfortable carrying around a 42 week sized bump! :)

So really looking forward to the scan this afternoon, hoping we'll get more information on when Pip might make an appearance, and hoping that will be sooner rather than later. Taking my bag along just in case, though don't think I'll quite need it today! Friday will be 37 weeks (what medics consider term), but if Pip is very big it'll be cesaerean anyway, so they can wait longer. I was reading the leaflets about induction and c-sec and both have pros and cons and are a bit scary (though I'm sure fine!) so we'll see what it'll be - hopefully this afternoon!

BTW Chris has instructions to let you know when Pip arrives :grrr:

Got exciting news! No baby yet, but induction date set :)

Had my last ultrasound scan done on Monday and baby is extra big now as expected! When they measure the abdomen on the scan, they say what that would correspond to in weeks growth. At 32 week scan Pip corresponded to average size at 34 weeks. Yesterday (36 weeks) it corresponded to “Term Plus” (already bigger abdominal circumference than an average 40 week baby).

Obstetrician came in and said “the baby is growing very well” – yes, I know, I’m massive!

“So I think we’ll induce you in week 38 rather than 39” – can’t it be 37.5 weeks? “No”

“I’ve booked you in for the 16th”. (38 weeks plus a day!) How very exciting!

So I should be induced on the 16th, depending how many emergencies they have. They’ll give me a prostaglandin pessary to encourage my cervix to dilate. It can take between 2 and 24 hours for anything to happen – and sometimes nothing happens. If nothing has happened after 24 hours, they then break my waters and hope that sets things off. If not they’ll give me something to encourage contractions. So it may not be the 16th that Pip is born, but the process should hopefully start by then, and fingers crossed it won't take too long!

I asked if they could give me a rough estimate of the weight Pip will be and was told that the scan is so inaccurate that they can’t really. I asked if it was more likely 6-9 lbs or 10-14 lbs and she said probably somewhere between 8 and 10 lbs, so average baby size (well average baby size at 40 weeks)

In the meantime I’m uncomfortable and not sleeping well (a good part of the night usually spent in the armchair dozing), but enjoying not working. It is very nice to have a date to work towards rather than just waiting. Of course Pip might decide to come earlier by itself. Done quite a bit of walking around the last couple days, went to a car boot sale today to see what baby bits we could find. Loads of clothes available, but people, if you ever do a car boot sale/table top sale, make sure you put the little baby stuff higher up on the table so that us very pregnant mums don't have to try and bend down and look at stuff on the ground! Got a couple cute bits, but not much, mainly cause don't know if it is a boy or girl yet, and often too far to bend down.

Time to put feet up again for the next week or so, with regular afternoon naps I think.

Prayers going up for you and Pip ... and the medical staff who oversee your welfare. Can't wait for Chris's announcement and the first mum and babe picture. :hug:

As Linda says, 4 more sleeps!!! Whoohoo!!

Got 8 homemade main dishes frozen (though some of them will do a couple meals I think) and one more to go today.

Got nappies (diapers) and odour reducing nappy bin in the post yesterday, so think that is all we were waiting for. We're ready!

Niece's birthday tomorrow, so she's coming down with sister and my mummy to have cake and open presents. A nice visit before baby comes. Mummy will be at the hospital with Chris and me to add some moral support, but children under 12 aren't allowed to visit, so niece will have to wait to see her cousin.

Excited!!

My parents were going back to England for a holiday when I was expecting, and I had them buy shaped cloth nappies and some Nappy Pre-Soak powder from MotherCare. It was wonderful stuff! If they still carry it, I highly recommend it. I don't recall exactly what the name of it was, but it was a marvellous treatment. The nappies washed up beautifully. (I did use disposable diapers for travelling, but preferred the cloth ones for everyday.)

Enjoy your niece's visit!

This whole pregnancy has been so exciting to us all!! Can't wait 'til all are delivered safely home...the whole little family!! Of course we'll be howling for pictures but we'll behave and wait.This is a real life mini event!! And I'm afraid that the baby will always be

'PIP' to us.Can't wait...and am sending positive energy,and best wishes for a wonderful

and short hospital stay!!Pretty soon,now.Good Luck...we'll all be squished in the delivery room with you!!! :wave:

Not all of us will be squished into the delivery room if it's a C-section; my first OB-GYN clinical was a C-section delivery, and it's a surgical procedure, so only most significant other is allowed, scrubbed & gowned! But we'll all be right there, in spirit; and if it's a normal delivery, I'll be breathing with you!

Hehe :)

I'm definitely ready to have this baby, but sometimes I wonder if it is ready... I know it isn't really consciously thinking, but theoretically to get to 40 weeks it'd be in my tummy another two weeks. Maybe it is expecting to be in there another couple weeks and might find it a little rude to be encouraged out early!

Too much information alert :p

Today I'm sure I had my mucus plug/cervix show come out. It wasn't bloody, but definitely lots of mucus. Reassures me a little that things are getting ready and Saturday won't come as quite such a shock to little Pip :)

Back was a bit sore today, but think it was more a couple bending overs to fill the dishwasher and put baby clothes away in their drawers rather than labour back ache.

I think tomorrow we'll practice fitting the car seat. Also have to get the pram out of my cupboard :p The frame is out, but the pram cot bit is hiding still. Will be nice to have the space back! Also got an outing to the dentist tomorrow - it is difficult to get appointments and they rearranged it to tomorrow. I figured we might as well keep it, Chris can have his anyway, I can have a check up and if any work needs doing I can come back in a few weeks! Will also be our last meal out together as just a couple. A bit scary but also so very exciting :)

3 more sleeps!

How exciting!!!! Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well for you and Pip and it is an easy delivery. I must say I admire you. You are so organized and all prepared. Wish I had been so put together.

2nd daughter was two weeks late and 9 lbs 7 oz and I swear was trying to stay right where she was. She was so mature when I first saw her in her mobile nursery basket she was on her tummy and resting on her arms with her head erect! She had the biggest blue eyes and absolutely no hair!!!!

16 hours max until we find out whether they've had too many emergencies to fit us in. (They should phone us by 10:30am to let us know, but hopefully earlier!)

Dentist was ok, need a little filling, but they're happy to wait until baby has arrived and settled. Chris had his first ever filling - didn't like the injection and numb cheek/lip!

Car seat has been fitted, snack bag is packed, just need my insulin from the fridge and phone charger and we can go!