Mini on the way!

Muriel

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, :congrats: Muriel!! She is toooooo cute. I love chubby baby cheeks. :wub: So happy for you and Chris. Yea for babies that are big and healthy. Nibble Natasha's little toesies for me!!!!

Toes are nibbled and cheeks kissed. They are yummy! She's so cute when she's sleeping away. Also cute when awake of course.

Been watching the royal wedding today, figured out that I was born about 16 days before Charles and Diana's wedding, and Natasha was born 12 days before William and Kate's wedding. Hehe.

Now debating whether to sleep or not. Should do really as I'm tired :p But of course it still feels strange going to sleep during the day time. We've got the Great Grannies coming tomorrow along with Chris' parents, so will be a busy day. Sleep it is I think!

LOL!!!! I strongly suggest you nap whenever the opportunity arises. You will wear down after the initial euphoria wears off and she needs looking after 24/7 at this stage and for the next few months. That can be very draining. She is adorable and I can understand your enchantment with her.

Better late than never, and what a nice surprise for me to come home to! Muriel, you and Chris do lovely work, little Pippa is scrumptious! This foster granny sends her many kisses, as well!

OH boy..oops ooo GIRL!!!

yea!! Im soooo happy for you!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

love the name and the baby is sooo sweet!

Im so happy for you kido!!!

congrats on the newest addition to your family!

do nap when baby naps...specially important at this stage in baby's life...otherwise you be a zombie!

HHUUUGGGGGZZZZ!!!

nutti :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_2387_5115_75187.jpg

We're getting into a bit of a routine now. Natasha wakes up every 3.5-4.5 hours for a feed when she's been asleep. Sometimes she prefers to 'nibble' her feeds, drinking it slowly over a long time rather than drink and sleep. We're combining breast and bottle feeding, seems to work best for us all, including daddy getting to feed/cuddle her more, especially when mummy needs a longer sleep ;)

She's 4 weeks old already! Time has gone quickly. We've had plenty of visitors and been out to visit a few of the pharmacies I worked in over the last couple years. For many of them the last time I saw them was just before we got married - that was a year ago now too!

She doesn't like to sleep in her Moses basket. Even if she's been sleeping soundly for a while, as soon as we put her down she wakes up quickly and cries 'no thanks!' Warming it up with a hot water bottle before putting her down doesn't help either. We do manage to get her to sleep there when we're persistant, but takes a while and gotta give her a bottle to suck on while she's lying there until she falls asleep again, which can be time consuming.

So we have lap sleeping time during the day. She likes that, as do I. We spend the morning on the sofa together, her sleeping away, mouth open, on my lap, while I check the forum and enjoy my breakfast. Afternoons are a bit more productive for me and she sometimes spends time in the car seat sleeping/watching me.

gallery_2387_5115_64556.jpg

Oh she's already grown so much! You look great! Wish I had looked that awake when mine were 4 weeks old! :wave: My oldest was just like that with his crib. He would be snoring and as soon as I put him in it he would wake right up. I spent many nights sleeping sitting up in my rocker :lol:

She's so cute! I love the pic of her sleeping on your tummy - Chris has an unreadable expression on his face ... perhaps he's wishing she was sleeping on him? Or maybe he's wishing he was the one sleeping cuddled up with you! :p

:D

He catches up on cuddles when he gets home from work and before work in the morning. I used to dislike cuddles when I was younger, but having found Chris I'm catching up on them too and make sure we get regular cuddles between us two. I'll give him an extra few squeezes from across the pond when he gets home!

gallery_2387_5115_4299.jpg

OMG, Natty is just scrumptious! in her little Piglet outfit! Be sure to give her extra cuddles and a tummy-raspberry from this granny across the pond! (You neednt give Chris the tummy raspberry...)

Little Pippa Piglet is adorable! Ooh, makes me wish mine were that young again .... for just a little while. ;)

I'd love to scoop Natasha up for a cuddly attack of kisses!

Muriel, have you thought about wearing her in a sling? They make so very many that I'm sure you could find one you both would enjoy. If you need any recommendations, let me know. I used a few different kinds when my own were little.

She's so precious!

Thanks Dena :) Yes, we've got a sling. Use it when I need to get something done and she wants company. Also when out shopping - easier than taking the pram. She sleeps well in it.

Chris enjoyed his extra cuddles and Natasha enjoyed her raspberries and her cheeks are lovingly pinched. She also enjoyed a bath last night. She really likes them! Takes after her mummy there ;)