Hi All From Florida

wiccan4life

Hi everyone!! Im new to using a forum like this so should i mess up on where to post and things like that please bare with me am a fast learner. My name is Monique and am building my second doll house The Beacon Hill. My first one was the Conventry Cottage for my great niece Bella, I got so into it building hers that I had Santa bring me the Beacon Hill for myself to build!! I would of never thought in a million years that this ol biker hippie chick would get into building doll house's as the age of 50! I suppose I could be be doing worse things. Any how wanted to say hi Ya'll from Florida, and am looking forward t making new friends and learning new things. Peace & Blessed Be

post-6345-1294861722.jpg

Hi Monique, welcome to the forum! We are so glad you found us. You will find lots of friends and helpful tips on here.

I am also building the Beacon Hill, as are many others, and it's a beautiful house! You will have so much fun. Do you have any plans or colors picked for it yet?

Have fun! When you have made 5 posts you can open a gallery to show us pictures of your progress. :thumb:

Welcome! This forum is filled with super friendly folks, some of whom have some amazing talent. And no shortage of Beacon Hill builders. Feel free to ask any and everything you want to know. And plenty of us didn't start in this hobby until we were well past majority age (notice I said nothing about adulthood, hee hee!).

Hi Monique, good to have you with us. I started building dollhouses in exactly the same way as you. Built one for my grandaughter and then just HAD to have one of my own. Addictive hobby and one that I would never in a million years have dreamt that I would take up.

thanks ya'll for the warm welcome. As far as colors go, i have not yet picked them, i figure there is plenty of time for that yet. I have my shell walls up and the first part of the staircase in and am working on the second floor staircase. man o man that thing sure has taken up some time, but thats cool. Im glad I waited until this time in my life to get into this as i dont think that i would of had the pataince to do so. All I know is that I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! Even got my mom cross stiching rugs for the place.. hehehe. I was looking at the forum and did not see a tab for folks that are doing Beacon Hill houses lie they have tabs for all the others.. why is that? or am i missing something. Ive never worked one of thises forums so i could very well be over looing it. If there is one for Beacon hill please point it to me man, thanks.. ;o) Looking forward to swaping info, chats, etc, and becoming great friends. Time for me to get dinner going. Peace & Blessed Be to you all!! :thumb:

Hello, and welcome to the forum!! I am also currently working on the Beacon Hill for myself and the Coventry Cottage for my daughter, it was meant for her to build with my help, however she very quickly lost interest which has left me to work on it myself. I'm not complaining, I'm loving every moment,however it would have been nice to spend the time with my daughter but she is 11 and more interested in spending time with her friends!! Good Luck with yours and have fun!!

Welcome Monique! Seems you've fallen into the hobby as so many of us have -- building a doll's house for a family member, and then we're hooked. :p Just finished up the Laurel kit for my niece for Christmas, and have started a Harrison kit which is currently on hold in the shop, and a Tiffani kit that's being transformed just a bit to be more along the lines of a Tudor cottage that's gone through some transformations through the ages. lol As is, do know there are so many friendly folk on here that are brimming with ideas and info to help you along the way. Can't wait to see pics of your progress, and welcome again! :thumb:

welcome. I am doing my first house at 70 :-) I have however been collecting 'things' for it for 14 years. I have so much I don't even remember it all. the one I have is a scratch build by someone and only the shell. I didn't know what to do with it all the time then decided to make it longer. you can see shell in my gallery.

you can see Beacon Hill in others gallerys. When they say they have one go look at their photos.

good to have you here. I am fairly new too.

have fun here on the forum and with your building....

LindaC/Oklahoma

Hi Monique and welcome to Greenleaf.Best site I know of..Wicked friendly people here-

all ages,sizes,degrees of talent,knowlegable and all willing to help/guide whatever is needed.So glad you found us!! :thumb:

Hi Monique and welcome to the group!!! If you go to www.moreminies.blospot.com, Gina blogged about her builds of two BH's. It's step by step and I think you'll find it interesting. Good Luck and post pictures for us all to see!

Hi Monique. Are you the same person that wrote to me asking for a donation of a dollhouse for your great niece Bella? It’s nice to see you on the forum. I’m sorry I couldn’t give you a dollhouse – it was so sad to hear about her Beacon Hill being burned up in the fire. But it looks like you took my advice to build one with her and look what a great new hobby it’s turned into! You did a good job to build her dollhouse in only 3 months and already be working on your second! I hope Bella is doing better now. It sounds like your mom is doing better, too. How cool that she’s cross-stitching rugs for the dollhouses. Welcome to the forum.

Nonnie