Asking for your prayers . . .

Rhonda from the Bluegrass

Adding my thoughts and prayers for your family and your all your troubles. As everyone has already said, please take some time to do little things for yourself to keep yourself right side up while you navigate through all the issues. Hugs ...

Thank you all so much for your kind words, well-wishes, and prayers. I got bad news this morning regarding my nephew . . . after a consultation with the surgeon, we found out that his tumor is at least 10 times bigger than they thought, and it is urgent that they get it out, so he has already been admitted and will be operated on first thing tomorrow morning. They said that if it got any bigger at all, he would go into seizures. We are all so scared for him, so please keep those prayers going!

I picked Liam (my cat) up at the vet this morning, and I am literally praying that, this time, he can keep from having a relapse. With the $400+ vet bill I had today, I've already spent going on $2,000 on his medical care. And, worst of all, is that I didn't have it to spend. I don't know how I am ever going to recover or catch up financially. Anyway, I am glad to have my little fellow back and he (and his siblings) are thrilled as well.

Today is the last day of my "vacation", so it will be back to my horrible job over the weekend. Sigh. How I hoped I would win the lottery while I was off. . .

Rhonda, wishing you way better days.......perhaps your bad luck streak is behind you now. Remember you're only given what you can handle, so you are a very very strong woman my friend. Good vibes coming your way, hope they can help you!

Thank you all so much . . . your well-wishes mean more to me than you could ever know. I am feeling really disheartened . . . they had to put off his surgery because my nephew had taken an aspirin a couple of days ago - he just didn't know it would be a problem. So, my brother, his wife and of course, Keith had a long, tiring weekend and now Keith is going to have to think about this until they can safely schedule it. They are having to allow an entire day for the surgery although they are hoping it will take approximately 6 hours - they have to allow extra time in case complications come up. Another thing my poor nephew has to worry about now is that they told him they will have to slice the top of his head off to operate and won't be able to re-attach it for 6 weeks (due to some kind of special thing they have to do to it). So, needless to say, he is completely afraid of the whole process, and he will have to be very, very careful to keep his bandaged head safe and out of harm's way.

Also, when my brother got his family back home, all of their water pipes had frozen up, so my brother is having to try to work on those instead of getting some sleep.

I'll just be glad when all of this is behind us. I would trade places with my nephew if I could . . . I am already 50 and have lived a lot of life. Since I can't do that, I will just have to keep on praying, and gratefully accepting all of your prayers as well.

Once again - thank you all so much. You have got to be the kindest group of people I've ever known. 2010 (and now 2011) have been way tough, but having all of you here to help me is a beautiful gift . . . one I will always appreciate.

Many prayers and healing thoughts coming his way and yours. Rhonda, can they prescribe lorazapam or some other anti-anxiety drug for him to help take the edge off of the fear? It really helped my father when he had to deal with his cancer, and keeping the anxiety level down will help him go into surgery in a stronger emotional state.

I am so sorry to hear that the surgery had to be postponed. The waiting is such a hard process.

((Hugs))

Chris

Hi, Chris: thank you so much for your kind reply and your suggestion. I don't know if they can prescribe that, but I will ask my brother about it. I just want him to have this behind him, and be healthy again. I still remember when he was born - they lived in Vicksburg, Mississippi at the time - I went all the way down there to meet him, and he was the most beautiful, angelic baby: blonde ringlets and enormous blue eyes! He is 29 now, but I still remember those first days and it just tears me up to see him going through this. He's a good fellow, and my brother is an outstanding man, so watching such good people (especially ones I care so much about) go through this is a truly heart-wrenching situation.

Thanks again . . . your well wishes and prayers bring me comfort.