Post your best dollhouse holiday pictures here!

dollyhouselover

I realized that my fav thing to do on this site is look up all the holiday dollhouse pictures that people take on here. When I search through the gallery I don't find them all. Would you guys post some so I can have some eyecandy. I like to use them for backrounds on my labtop haha! It's a good way to show off!! :thumb: Post whatever holiday you want! Thanks!

gallery_2387_1392_40505.jpg

gallery_2387_1392_21470.jpg

A couple more pics

I'm sure we wouldn't mind links to galleries if people would rather link than post pictures :)

I'm at some point going to make a Fairfield Christmas house so happy to see inspiring ideas, also love other holiday pictures!

I love to look at Christmas decorations -- so very nice!

I will look for my Christmas photos and upload them, but until then, I did find the photo of the summer party in the "neighborhood". Decorating the neighborhood has been under constant tweeking since my sister and I built the Glencroft (Toad Hall) in 2004.

Six years later, I think we have finally got it! -- although we will probably still do something new now and then. The houses are a Glencroft with almost no bashing and an Ashley - Buttercup combo that was twice bashed and is probably no longer recognizable as such!

Summer Party:

post-47-1295459376_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the living room in the dollhouse I've been working on for my granddaughter. I made the Christmas tree by preserving Princess Pine in glycerin and green food color, then gluing pieces into a bottle brush tree. I hope it doesn't fade because I spent way too much money on the lights and ornaments, but it does look real. I think I get more excited about the dollhouse than my granddaughter does. :)

post-5808-1295956508_thumb.jpg

I made the Christmas tree by preserving Princess Pine in glycerin and green food color, then gluing pieces into a bottle brush tree.

I love that room!

What a great idea for making real-looking trees -- as soon as spring comes and the deep snow cover here disappears (It will happen, won't it? :w00t: ) I am going to look for some princess pine. I know I have some growing in my woodlot.

:)

I thought it might help if I post how to preserve the Princess Pine. This is how I did it (and I hope it's colorfast).

Cut about 20 or so Princess Pine stems. Crush the bottoms of the stems with a hammer to help with absorption. Put a mixture of 1 part glycerine to 2 parts warm water, 2 to 4 inches deep in a jar and add leaf green paste food color to make a very, very dark green liquid. Submerge the stems in the mixture and wait about two weeks for the process to be complete. Supposedly they will remain flexible and pliable indefinitely.

Without the green food dye, the plants would turn brown during this process, so be sure to add it.

Alot of great eye-candy on this thread!

Here is a Christmas roombox that I made for a family friend the other year:

post-928-1296317718_thumb.jpgpost-928-1296317748_thumb.jpg

I designed and built the staircase, the easy chair, and the side table. The easy chair is no. 3 or 4 in a succession of iterations before I got the fabric and dimensions that I wanted. I was able to use alot of balsa in the staircase since, being in a roombox, it wasn't meant to be messed with.

Here is a picture of the living room in the dollhouse I've been working on for my granddaughter. I made the Christmas tree by preserving Princess Pine in glycerin and green food color, then gluing pieces into a bottle brush tree. I hope it doesn't fade because I spent way too much money on the lights and ornaments, but it does look real. I think I get more excited about the dollhouse than my granddaughter does. :rolleyes:

It's really beautiful, Margot. Can I ask what kind of camera you used, exposure, etc? I can never seem to get a nice picture of a scene with the lamps lit without the shades burning out the rest of the picture. Did you have an external ight shining on the room to even it out? I love the ambiance in your room, especially the way the lamps glow naturally.

Can I ask what kind of camera you used, exposure, etc? I can never seem to get a nice picture of a scene with the lamps lit without the shades burning out the rest of the picture.

Thanks for the nice compliment, Deb! I have an older Fuji Fixpix s5000 and, as I recall, I took the picture just using the macro setting and only had the lights on in the dollhouse. My pictures are kind of hit or miss. Digital is great because you can just delete the ones that don't turn out well. Sorry, I can't offer any great photography "secrets." Just take a lot and some are bound to be good! :rolleyes: