Newbie building a Glencroft

needlebook

Hello, I'm new to the forum and dollhouse building. My niece got a dollhouse for her birthday and it started me thinking. I've always loved miniatures so I guess it makes sense that eventually I would get a dollhouse! My brother bought it for her at a local shop here in Toronto, Canada, and so that was my starting point to look for one for myself. I discovered that I could get a kit and so try it out without spending too much. LOL well that's what I thought at the time.

So now I'm building a Glencroft and blogging about it on my new blog: www.tinyhandmade.blogspot.com

I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone here who posted photos of their Glencroft while it was being built. Those progress pictures are so helpful! I combed through those for hours and it really helped me get started. It was great to have the inspiration, but also starting something new I wasn't sure if I was doing things right, so it was great to see how other people progressed. That second floor, whew!

I still have a long way to go with my house but I feel like I've made enough progress to feel like I will definitely be able to finish it. Well I hope so anyway. And luckily I'm not in any rush.

My house is going to be contemporary but with lots of vintage furnishings because that's what I love in my own home. If you'd like to see the pictures please visit my blog and it would mean a lot to me to have experienced builders give me any pointers! Thanks again for sharing your expertise.

Claire

Tracy, thank you for the welcome! Your Glencroft pictures really helped and inspired me! I think you're amazing.

Amanda, I just saw you as a new follower as I'm working on a post right now, thank you for following me! (I have 4 now LOL) I can't believe I inspired you, I love that.

Hi Claire and welcome to Greenleaf! Wow, Glencroft..one of my fave houses.Idon't have one yet but someday I will!! Lots to learn,show teach here and many new friends to meet!! :)

Belated welcome to the little family, Claire. We're on the road, had planned to be home today, but the weather turned foul so we stopped for a couple of days and hope it'll clear up! My two favoritest builds so far are the Glencroft and the Magnolia! I look forward to watching yours.