8/02/06 Pet Games

Cats do get louder as they age ... it's either they are more determined to be heard and not ignored, or that their hearing deteriorates. Dudley (age 16) seems to have good hearing, but I've noticed that he gets more impatient with me than he used to. He was always such a patient cat, but has become much more demanding the older he gets. I call his loud yelling "murping". It just sounds softer.

-Susanne

There just isn't anything like being yelled at by the cat. Belle was a pretty demanding cat to start with and she's just gotten more so the older she gets.

Kathy

There's no persistence like a cat's!!!post-726-1154732831_thumb.jpg

This is my Valentine...waiting for me to lift her up to the counter where her food is (the dogs will get it, otherwise). I made the mistake of helping her up one day, and now she meows at the top of her lungs until I help her. Guess who's in control? :blink: :lol:

Well Marie I see that you figured out how post pictures. Good for you!! :blink: I was just getting ready to PM you to explain how to do it.

Yes your cat does look like Lil. We have 2 more cats also. They all have such different personalities.

We have Gizmo who sounds like your cat he wants to be held all the time and purrs constantly. And then there is Kiwi. She is the yeller. If she thinks we have left her she will let us know.

This is how funny they are.

Kiwi loves the bodies of shrimp.

Lil loves the tails of shrimp

Gizmo hates shrimp

Silly Cats.

SuzyQ

Kiwi is the fuzzy one Gizmo is the Orange one LIL the peek-a-boo cat is just below

Cats do get louder as they age ... it's either they are more determined to be heard and not ignored, or that their hearing deteriorates. Dudley (age 16) seems to have good hearing, but I've noticed that he gets more impatient with me than he used to. He was always such a patient cat, but has become much more demanding the older he gets. I call his loud yelling "murping". It just sounds softer.

-Susanne

That explains a lot, thanks Susanne. Sniffer was never a patient cat but as he gets older, he's worse. I have to tell him when we leave the house anymore, he sits in the window until we get back. If we go outside he sits by the door mewing or he'll go on the back porch that's screened in and watch from there (if we're in the backyard). He definately does not like to be alone very much anymore.

My cat Alice is more dog than cat. She drinks out of the toilet and loves to play fetch. My roomates kids have 2 little koosh balls that she just loves and we would play fetch for hours, but they were the kids toys ya know? So when I moved, I put them back into the boy's bedroom and when I was unpacking, lo and behold there were 2 koosh balls in this box......wonder how they got there :blink: She will loose them for awhile then all a sudden one day she will appear with one in her mouth and drop it in my lap. She will sit there and stare at me with daggers and if I look at her and look away she get's a crazed look in her eyes and starts with this awfull meow until I throw that thing lol.

She also goes in spurts when she is feeling frisky she will run thru the house, dart up the stairs and jump as high as she can against a door jam and slide down the side. She can get 3/4 of the way up, it's pretty funny.

She used to have mice she liked to fetch as well, but my new clydsdale (lab mix) puppy put an end to those furry friends lol :lol:

Our old beagle had two games he played when he was a "house dog", one was "look how far I can reach" (which was always less than hhalf his range, once he got 2/3 a baking sheet of cut sugar cookies eaten from the kitchen counter without leaving the floor), and the other was "I'm not done getting petted (he flipped your hand with his snout so your hand landed on his head).

Our "outside dog" walker hound-beagle mix had us trained to a schedule of giving her treats, walks & pets until recently. Now that she seems to age more rapidly her routine has gone scrambled.

I'm spending a week with DS#2 and his chihuahua is a hoot! She has two stuffed yellow duck toys she loves to play with, one sort of squeaks, and she will play & play with them as long as she can get someone to throw them. She seems to think of herself as an especially aggressive great dane, BTW.

Don't you love the way our animal companions train us up. We like to think that we're doing the training, but I now know that it's really the other way 'round. The games that Ray and I play with our three cats are as unique and individual as their three personalities.

One of the few games that they all love is when I spread pieces of tissue paper around the living room for them to sit on. They all commadere their own pieces, and love to dig in the piles of paper I spread all over the living room. (And you thought that tissue paper was for wrapping purposes.)

This is a favourite game of the cats and I, particularly on winter evenings, when Ray's off working. The papers will stay strewn about for three days/nights while Ray works. He then cleans up with he's finished his set of shifts.

-Susanne