You know you need to get out more when

grynche

when you pause a video because "wait -- isn't that the same sofa that's in Casey's Mid-Century Mod house? Ummm, no, 'cuz Casey's is more of a boomerang shape, and the back is shorter, and there's not as much space between the seat and the back, and the corners .................." :)

You watch videos and BBC dramas for the architecture!

hmmm, I've been doing that for years and years.

I've found myself noticing furniture in the backgrounds of old movies. oh, Bespaq makes a chair that looks just like that! JBM makes a table just like that! That looks like Aztec's new cabinet!

I've been doing the same thing when I look at big coffee table books of old photos of interiors.

.....but I don't want to go out...it's too cold...and there's snow....I'm waiting for May.

Did you know that Maine has 4 seasons? Summer, Fall, Winter and Mud!

I do need to get out more! Only, I've noticed that when I am a passenger, I am scanning all the houses we pass to see how the trim is attached to real homes, what does a real dormer look like? How can I create that in miniature?

And the kids ask "Mum, are you listening?" to which I absently minded say "yes, look at the angle of that roof", or "check out the trim on that porch" My poor kids just roll their eyes at me.

I've watched "Meet Me in St. Louis" with Judy Garland about 50 times. The first time obviously for the movie and music. Then I started watching it to get ideas for my Pierce. I find myself doing that while I watch HGTV. There are so many Victorian houses on a lot of their shows.

lyn

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched all the Harry Potter movies a zillion times over, in order to find the details that really give the WWorld it's 'flavor'. I suspect I could walk Hogwarts blindfolded, and would be very comfortable in the Weasley family home.

Zeb thinks I've zapped into the twilight zone, when I'm actually spending those hours looking at clothing, books, utensils, luggage..I want Moggie Manor to adhere as closely to the books and films, as possible. If this is to be my Ongoing Project, I might as well do it right.

what is this "out" place you all are speaking of? :lol:

getting out now means going to the market, drug store or craft store.. work doesn't count, i'm stuck in an office with no windows..

i find myself looking at things and imagine shrinking them down to 1/12th scale.. what materials would i use, how would i make it the most realistic possible?

My husband and I recently watched "The Lovely Bones". Even though I had read the book (which was traumatizing), I told him I wanted to see the movie (which was merely depressing) anyway. The real truth? I simply wanted to look at the dollhouses made by Stanley Tucci's character. Isn't that warped?

Since my workshop is in the garage, I open the door any time I'm out there working. Unless its below freezing (which doesn't happen too often in Atlanta) or nearing 100 (which sadly, DOES happen), I'm out there almost every day doing one thing or another. Even cold or humid fresh air is better than house air any day.

OMG !!! You are so right about the pizza tables! I bought 6 bottles of Cold-Eze when they went on sale because I wanted the lids (which make pretty cute end tables when painted). I've never taken the medicine in my life but saw the tutorial on the web and had to try it out! I've even purchased a few cheap calculators just to break them apart and see what kind of thingys I can find inside.