I am so ashamed.

THmini2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what this means don't you? PMS PARTY!!! And isn't it convenient that PMS can stand for Pre-menstrual syndrome as well as Post-menstrual syndrome (for those of us who have endured the swan song of the ovary). Anyway you look at it, you know what we gotta do.

Chocolate! Lots of it!!!! I'm talking about double fudge brownies with ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Boxes of truffles! Chocolate creams with strawberry or orange filling! Big mugs of hot cocoa with whipped cream on top and just a light dusting of nutmeg! <grinning> Yep, chocolate makes PMS better no matter what side of it you're on. That's why Tracy said thanks for pms coz she knows it means that someone is gonna be baking brownies. :)

Deb

Thanks for the info about the contest and where to find the pics. I have to say ~ I am in LOVE with the tree house and I am ready to shrink and move in.

The beach house was delightful.

and

The meth house made me feel sad.

I am afraid I taught for a number of years in areas where that was all too common.

It is amazing the work that went into each of them.

Chris

Ok, be back after the brownies are done...

Are they done yet? Huh? Huh? Are they done??? <jumping up and down with a can of whipped cream> We need nuts! Oh wait. We're all a little nuts. hehehehehehe

Deb

Are they done yet? Huh? Huh? Are they done??? <jumping up and down with a can of whipped cream> We need nuts! Oh wait. We're all a little nuts. hehehehehehe

Deb

Yummmmm the gooey gobs of chocolate goop are now resting and waiting to be devoured by us all!

However, ya'll live at leas 2 hours away by plane so, I'm going to have to mail them...

Deb, should I put them in your goody box? LOL

That would be really sweet of you Monica but right now my doctors would kill me if I had anything but a virtual brownie (altho to be honest I think that a real brownie would put less weight on my hips than the estrogen they put me back on last month that added 8 lbs almost overnight.) <grinning> That's why I'm enjoying our little pms party so much. Laughter has no calories and it's guaranteed to make a body feel good. I can prove it too! On the count of 3, everybody smile real big. Ready? 1.......2........3........SMILE!!!

:rolleyes:

See, that felt pretty good!

Deb

Hey Deb I am on my way to your house. Your menu made my mouth water!! Darn diabetis though, takes the fun out of chocolate. lol. :):D:rolleyes: Here I come Deb... :p I am so glad that this post is ending on a happy note. I was afraid there for awhile when I got home from work.

If I can wade through this chocolate-fest :rolleyes: -- I'd like to add another heartfelt thank you to Deb and Tracy for keeping this forum clean and friendly. I've found an incredible bunch of people here and it has become my online home also. I'm so sorry for all the flack about the contest, and hope that is all in the past now. The talent and skill displayed in these contests always amazes me; and I would NOT like to be a judge. I think they are all winners! :)

Add my thanks to the list as well. :) I have always thought that everything about this forum is top-notch, from the way it is run and lovingly maintained, right down to its many helpful members. Occasionally, we may have a small skirmish, but it is always handled with the utmost care and consideration by Tracy, the dust settles, and we get back to doing what we all do best - sharing our love of mini's with each other. And there is no better place on the planet to do so than right here. Contests are meant to inspire creativity, not spark forest fires, IMHO. One person's vision may not be your vision - we don't all see with the same eyes, nor should we. It would be pretty darn dull if artists all had the same vision :(

Ok, 'nuff said on that. ON WITH THE CHOCOLATE FEST!!! :rolleyes: I gained at least 2 lbs. just reading the latter half of this thread :p , and am working on the 3rd pound right now (pay no attention to the sound of me crackin' open another Snicker's wrapper here! :p ) After that, I'm moving on to the unopened bag of Heath bars I have hidden away..hehehe Is it really bad for you to eat candy in the middle of the night??? :D Oh well, who cares!! That is one of life's mysteries I don't want an answer to! :giggle:

((Big hugs)) to all my forum buddies! You're the BESTEST!!!

I am so glad that this post is ending on a happy note. I was afraid there for awhile when I got home from work.

We loves you Teresa. It all turned out good and cleared the air. We're partying and laughing again which is the way it works with families who love and respect one another. :rolleyes:

(pay no attention to the sound of me crackin' open another Snicker's wrapper here!

Snickers??? You have a Snickers??? Ooooooooooooh, now you have me craving a Snickers ice cream bar. I used to be seriously addicted to those things. But my real chocolate addiction is M&Ms mixed in with a big bowl with salty cashews.

If I can wade through this chocolate-fest

<looking around> At this point you might need a paddle boat coz it's starting to get a little Willy Wonka-ish in here. I've always thought that there should be a Willy Wonka spa for women. Just think of what a day there could do for PMS. Instead of cucumber slices on your eyes you could have York Peppermint Patties and soak your fingertips in warm white chocolate.

Deb

You guys are great/funny! I am very thankful to Tracy and Deb.

But I am sorry to say - Now I have a problem with this post. You see, I am a chocoholic and can not control myself, even in moderation. This is just getting to tempting. (I have just lost 30lbs and can not let you girls tempt me) :rolleyes:

Deb - maybe I will join you in a virtual brownie -just a nibble...or I can make a miniature one out of caulk. That should be safe!

Love you guys!

But I am sorry to say - Now I have a problem with this post. You see, I am a chocoholic and can not control myself, even in moderation. This is just getting to tempting.

LOL! I am having the same problem myself ~ I just lost all but 1 of the post Thanksgiving pounds I gained after losing 30 pounds last year. And I am a total chocoholic.

I did enjoy seeing the winners, all of them. And, referring back to the original message, I don't know what you said about the meth house Teresa, but unless you used really mean and hateful words, opinions are opinions and nothing to be ashamed of.

I love this group!

Chris

r

<looking around> At this point you might need a paddle boat coz it's starting to get a little Willy Wonka-ish in here. I've always thought that there should be a Willy Wonka spa for women. Just think of what a day there could do for PMS. Instead of cucumber slices on your eyes you could have York Peppermint Patties and soak your fingertips in warm white chocolate.

Actually there IS such a magical place!! It's located in (no big surprise) Hershey, PA and it's Hershey's Chocolate Spa at the Hershey Hotel. I took a friend their for her bachelorette weekend. MONDO expensive, especially if you stay at the hotel like we did. But the spa is chocolate heaven. We got chocolate foam baths, chocolate scrubs among other things. Really fun, and I don't usually like spas (I'm not the touchy feely sort).

After the spa stuff I had to drive home real quick get get the tike so she could join us for the non-spa part of the trip - Hershey Park!! I spent the whole ride smelling my arms - ah, I smelled like a big chocolate bar! I'm sure other drivers thought I was nuts.

Actually there IS such a magical place!! It's located in (no big surprise) Hershey, PA and it's Hershey's Chocolate Spa at the Hershey Hotel. I took a friend their for her bachelorette weekend. MONDO expensive, especially if you stay at the hotel like we did. But the spa is chocolate heaven. We got chocolate foam baths, chocolate scrubs among other things. Really fun, and I don't usually like spas (I'm not the touchy feely sort).

After the spa stuff I had to drive home real quick get get the tike so she could join us for the non-spa part of the trip - Hershey Park!! I spent the whole ride smelling my arms - ah, I smelled like a big chocolate bar! I'm sure other drivers thought I was nuts.

Oh how cool Jen!! I need to put that on my lists of things to do. :rolleyes:

Yeah- Hershey is awesome! It's about a 45 min. drive from where I live. The street lamps are shaped like Hershey Kisses, and the smell of melted chocolate wafts thru the air....mmmmmmm.

Thing is- if you stay at the hotel, go to the spa, Chocolate World, or even the park: remember to PACE YOURSELF in your chocolate consumption! :p

After Christmas I had crammed a huge bag of chocolate into the freezer because I just needed to get it outta my sight (but certainly wasn't gonna throw it away! :) )....so excuse me while I just tip-toe downstairs and raid the freezer.... :rolleyes: