Miss you all - but so so busy - so little time for miniatures!

Lisa R.

I really miss the forum but have been so busy with work and volunteering. I did, however, publish a book - finally finished it the day after Christmas. It is just 70 pages - a local history book. Below is the media release. I am hoping that work and life will quiet down around the end of April and I can get back to building my Gothic Revival house. I did organize all my ongoing projects and my workspace after Christmas (after the book was done!). So I am ready for action - just need the time.

Lisa R.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SAN LORENZO VALLEY FLUME

A NEW BOOK TO BENEFIT THE SAN LORENZO VALLEY MUSEUM

ISBN: 9780578072449

Format: Paperback (70 Pages)

Publication Date: 2010 (First Edition)

The San Lorenzo Valley Museum proudly announces a newly published book “The San Lorenzo Valley Flume”. The author is San Lorenzo Valley Museum President, Lisa Robinson. The book explores the history of the Flume, which operated between Boulder Creek and Felton during the latter part of the 19th Century, through construction diagrams, fascinating eye witness accounts, and rare photographs. The location of the head of the flume, just north of Boulder Creek, was described in Charles E. Brimblecom’s 1875 diary, loaned to the Museum by Roberta Rocca, a Brimblecom descendant, and was a critical element that spurred the author to expand on the Museum exhibit text and more thoroughly research the subject.

The book dispels some myths about the flume, talks about the people who financed it, built it, played on it, worked on it, and, eventually, tore it down. It examines flume construction methods and the challenges faced by those operating and maintaining the flume. Copies of the book are available for purchase at the Museum, on the Museum website (www.slvmuseum.com) and at local retail outlets. All profits from the sale of the book benefit the San Lorenzo Valley Museum.

On Sunday February 27, 2011, at 3:00pm, the Museum will host a historical talk and book signing at Highlands Park Senior Center in Ben Lomond.

The San Lorenzo Valley Museum is located at 12547 Highway 9, Boulder Creek. Opening hours are Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon until 4pm. Admission is free.