Sturbridge Show...2011

Miss Lydia Pickett...aka Robin Betterely, is coming to the Sturbridge show in Sturbridge MA in June!!!

It's a ways off, but I'm super stoked...I went to this show last year and can't wait to go this year...I will be going ALONE this time around...I went last year with my mom and her bf and I'll just say it's not their cup of tea...(while they had fun, they like ran through the aisles, and wanted to leave early)...NO FUN...

Going alone this time around!!! :p

This is the only show I can get excited about, well because, it's the only show I can actually get to!!! :flowers:

• 1 month later...

The mailman just came and I received the 6 page print out of all the workshops and goodies for the Sturbridge miniature show coming June 2, 3, and 4. Dang. :lol:

Watercolor classes, crewel embroidery, Trompe L`oeuil folding screen (!!!), chinese dinner, oh I am going to stop now.

I have a more important miniature trip coming up in the Fall that trumps Molly Cromwell all the pieces. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Forgive the newbee questions. I've never been to a miniature festival and I only live 1 hour away from this one. Do you need to sign up for classes to go? If you don't, what types of activities are there to do? Could I just show up for a couple of hours one day? WIll there be vendors to buy goodies from? Half and full scale?

Thanks!

You can go even if you don't sign up for classes. There will probably be a $5-$10 entrance fee. Vendors will have tables with mini stuff for sale. I haven't been to this particular show, but my recent experiences with shows has been that 1" and 1/4" are very well represented, with 1/2" not as much. I'm sure it differs depending on which vendors are there, though.

You can learn more about the Sturbridge show here. Looks like Sunday is the day you'd want to go since Saturday evening is the preview (which basically means you pay extra to get in early... might be worthwhile for diehard collectors, but for the average miniaturist it's not worth it).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone go to the show? I got there today when it opened and there weren't many people. I should have moved faster though. By the time

I left you had to wait to get near the tables. That is sort of a drag in my opinion. I bought some planters, a 1/12 baby, and misc. little wine bottles

and things like that. I just love Nancy Cronin and her dolls and enjoyed talking to her about them. There was a lot of 1/2 scale and 1/4 scale this

year it seems. I don't think there were as many vendors this year. Maybe the Tornado scared them away.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in seeing pictures of the show if anyone has them.

I had planned on going, but had a graduation to attend and family over that weekend *sigh*

I'm really hoping to make the handcrafters of miniatures show in Dedham in November, even though it is smaller.