Hiding TV Wires

bmatson

Okay so I splurged and bought a working tv for my bedroom!! I am soooo excited to see how that will turn out. But I am just wondering.....how do I hide the wires? The wires are the same red, white and yellow plugs that you have on your RL tv, and they are RL scale also. Any ideas?

Can you maybe hide the wires by drilling a hole through the wall and hiding the wires under some siding? I'm assuming the bedroom is on the second floor. I have one of those tv's as well. Those red, yellow and white connectors are a pain because of the size. Have you hooked the tv up yet. I was watching Sherlock Holmes on mine, hubby thought I lost my mind....lol I'm going to add an addition to the house (it's been ordered and I"m waiting for that to arrive) and turn it into the tv or family room. I'm going to drill a hole into the floor and hide the wires and dvd player under the house. I'm also going to have to build a foundation to the house.

post-1835-1298738059_thumb.jpg

Mike, I also tried to search for this subject and as you mentioned, but I got nowhere cause the word "tv" doesnt have the 4 letter minimum search criteria. Also searching for "television" didn't really work either.

Holly, I wasnt planning on having a tv console. I'm saving my big entertainment center idea for the Living Room. My vision for the BR is to have a tv attached to the wall by itself over a fireplace. I saw a picture of a RL house like that and just fell in love with the look. I think the false wall idea would work for what I want.

Amy, drilling holes in places not only is not my cup o' tea, but my Foxhall has the siding already milled onto it. My BR is on the 2nd floor. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out the logistics of where the wires could physically go, since they're almost as big as the tv itself!! It would be perfect if it was on the 1st floor so I can put it under the foundation as you mentioned :lol:

Amy, drilling holes in places not only is not my cup o' tea, but my Foxhall has the siding already milled onto it. My BR is on the 2nd floor. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out the logistics of where the wires could physically go, since they're almost as big as the tv itself!! It would be perfect if it was on the 1st floor so I can put it under the foundation as you mentioned :lol:

Maybe a false wall, made out of foamcore or something?

I bought one for my Foxhall Manor a couple of months ago. The mini shop I purchased it from also sells a DVD showing how to hook up the TV. I have not watched it since I am not at that point yet. I will try to get to it today and see if it shows how to deal with hiding wires.

Valerie

Here's the last topic we had on this TV. Not sure if any really good ideas came up, except for Amy's hiding it under the foundation.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...c=28034&hl=

Good luck! Hope you can get it worked out. I love the idea of a working TV. I wish the antenna TVs would still work...

Thanks Tracy [bluebear], that topic wasn't as much help as i remembered? LOL...

Betty [bmatson] - you can not change the wires/connectors so you either have to build the dh wall out or cut a groove into it. :giggle:

Unless there's a wireless way to send the signals? I think you would have to use an [electronic] router, your RL DVD & tiny TV would both have to have ethernet connectors & maybe a wireless card somewhere in the mix??? This would definitely be a question for a electronics forum... :lol: & the bucks would add up... :) So I got noth'n.. :banana:

...Holly, I wasnt planning on having a tv console. I'm saving my big entertainment center idea for the Living Room. My vision for the BR is to have a tv attached to the wall by itself over a fireplace...
In that case, build out the chimneybreast into the room and make a hole in the back of the mantel to pass the wires through.