Dudley's Gone

Missymew

Oh man that picture of Dudley hurts. I could be looking at a photo of my old cat - they look that much alike. The best cat I ever had or ever will. My total sympathies go out to you. If Dudley was half the cat that Kid was then he was one Awesome friend and an unforgetable being. Actually Kid is directly responsible for the many litters of kittens I bottle raised over the years and all the strays I've taken in ever since. I never much liked cats till he came along but he sure did change my mind about that - loyal as any dog but independant enough to take care of himself, he came along about 4 months after my dog died and lived as an outdoor cat for almost 18 years - after my Suzi passed away I didn't think I could ever be that close to another animal- Kid proved me wrong.

Sending all my sympathy along with love and hugs to you and yours. I bet Dudley was a great guy.

-David

Susanne I'm so sorry to hear about Dudley. I can only imagine how sad all of you are. Sniffer sends a rub on the arm and a 'murr' (he's sitting here waiting for me to get off the computer for the night). I'll be thinking of you and here is a BIG HUG for all.

Susanne,

I am so sad to hear about Dudley. As many times as you mentioned him and seeing his pictures on here,

I feel like we lost a old friend also. :D Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Ray.

Lil the cat is laying here next to the computer. She also sends her condolences

SuzyQ

Susanne, I am so sorry about Dudley! I know how that feels, and I hope that you will find some comfort in knowing that he had a good life with you for the 12 years that you had him. SuzyQ summed it up pretty well for me too, and I feel like I lost a friend too.

Chloe, Allie, Gracie, Tatianna, Max, Oliver, Hannah, Arabella, MamaKitty, Rocky, Sammy, Darby and even Orangeboy, Otto and Bob send their condolences as well.

Because Dudley enriched your life so much, all the more will you miss him...and that's okay. All in my house (my two cat-loving dogs and my kitty Valentine) send warm, furry hugs to you. Dudley will still be near you, in kitty-spirit...what you've shared with him will last as long as love itself.

Dear Susanne, I am so very sorry for your loss...I know firsthand how devastating it can be to lose a cat...I lost Manina a few years ago. I am still sad from time to time, but time does heal all...and I consider myself lucky to have met her at all...I am sure you feel the same way about Dudley...remember all the good times and keep him close in your heart.

Susanne,

I am so very sorry to hear about Dudley. I know it is devestating to go through that. It really is like loosing a part of yourself.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Susanne))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) a big hug for you from Chan, Jade, Jasmine, and Bridgette.

Carol

So sorry to hear about your cherished pet... :D I know how this feels, we had a springer spaniel for 15 years and she suffered a stroke in the middle of the night 1 1/2 years ago. Had to take her to all night animal hospital at 3 AM. They couldn't do anything for her, said she lived much longer then most in her breed. I still miss her so much.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I wish I could say that I was taking the loss of Dudley well, but I'm not. I'm devastated. Dudley hadn't been incredibly well for a number of months, but I'd compensated by never leaving him. I've hardly left the house for the last 10 weeks. He's been okay as long as I'm with him all the time. He'd begin to stress when he couldn't find me. I was also able to keep his blood sugar levels right within the normal range (I test his blood myself). I'd go over and help my mum and dad only when Ray was home to watch Dudley. Even then, I'd be checking in frequently.

I've spent the last couple of days working on building my Orchid kit. It's best to keep busy. I'm going into work tomorrow for a few hours (good thing my boss lets me work from home when it's more convenient for me).

-Susanne

Susanne and Ray, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but remember he's there at Rainbow Bridge waiting for you and you'll pass over to the other side together.

This site helped me a lot when Teddy passed away in March. Hope it may help you too! http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

im so sorry for your loss, ive always lived with cats and dogs. But now just cats, when my cat blacky passed away it was heartwrenching for me. Id had him since i was a child, and felt like he was my best friend.

Sending you good thoughts and blessings.

jenn

Oh Susanne, I'm so sorry to hear that Dudley has crossed over. I know your heart must be breaking right now. Dudley was such a very special kitty and in every way, he was your baby. The fact that he was small and furry didn't change that at all.

Wrap your arms around yourself in a huge hug from me.

Deb