Dudley's Gone

Missymew

Im soo saddend by your loss!

its been awhile since I had to put one of my furkids down but it is gut wrenching...I know.

you had a good life together...remember those times and with the passing of time it will get easier to breath.

big hugggggzzzz

nutti :lol:

Susanne, I am so sorry about your loss. Like others have said before me I felt like I knew Dudley, from all the wonderful stories you've told us.He may be physically gone but your memories of him will live forever. Losing a furbaby is always traumtic and the pain in your heart never seems to go away, just fades a little. I still have a hard time being out in the yard where we buried our dog 3 years ago.He had one spot where he used to sit and look out over the yard to watch for the neighbors dog.His little buddy used to visit every day and they would play. When we lost Butchie I made sure he was buried on his spot looking out over his favorite place to be.

terri

I'm still waiting to see the light at the end of that proverbial tunnel. You know, the light that keeps you going when you've been through something rough. Well, I'm thinking that the lights been turned off, only nobody wants to tell me.

Missymew wanders through the house at night calling. She never used to do that, so I'm assuming she's looking for Dudley. Trinity keeps checking Dudley's favourite hangouts. She'll climb onto his bed and sniff.

I've been in bed with a terrible migraine for the past 3 days, just gotten up a while ago, so I don't think I'll be able to look at the computer screen for very long.

-Susanne

Susanne, I do understand. I will keep you in my prayers dear. These things are so hard to go through. I just found out yesterday that my friends grandmother died 3 weeks ago. I have been so depressed off and on about it for the past two days because she was like MY Grandmother too!!

We did so much together and when I did not have friends my age I would sit and talk with her for long periods of time and just Listen to her stories about what things were like when she was little. I used to love the way she smelled (Like roses and something else I don't know what it was) She was not ill (though she was old) so it was a shock for me to hear about it.

At least now Dudley is not in pain and you still have your other furkids to comfort you too. You all need a BIG Cyber

(((((HUG)))))

Suzanne,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Dudley. Losing a pet hurts more than words can say.

A few weeks ago, our dachsie, Leopold died in my arms while recovering from a splenectomy. I feel like crying with you. It hurts so much to lose your baby, your best friend, and you faithful companion.

Jeri

Oh Suzanne,

If you have read the postings recently you must know that I had to put our older dog, Pokie to sleep. I really know how you are feeling right now. I actually woke up this morning and said to dh that it was his turn to check for pee and poop. He just looked at me and I realized I dont have to do that anymore. I keep thinking I hear her toenails on the floor downstairs. It really hurt when I took away her dog bed (it had to go, covered in hair).

If you want to PM me to talk you can, or you can reach me thru yahoo im.

Heidiiiii-

It's it amazing that when you're looking after a pet with special needs, that you become so attuned to looking after them that you find it hard to shut it off. My first task when I got out of bed each morning (after splashing my face with water so I'd become more alert), was to head for the fridge and get Dudley's insulin out. He was my first and last task of the day. I'd always be sure he was calm and okay before going to sleep (mind you, he was lying right with me so that was an easy job).

For all the work he was, I'd go back to the routine in a flash if I could only have him back.

Ray is missing Dudley, and he's surprised how much he misses him. But Ray is also thankful that we can now go away. I've been very housebound with Dudley over the past few years.

Thank you for sharing your stories and love of your pets. Isn't it a shame that so many dogs and cats are out on the streets without homes, and no one to mourn their loss?

-Susanne

Oh, boy... :lol:

This is all bringing tears to my eyes. I've lost dogs before too and now that I have two, whom I love so very dearly, I can't imagine going through this kind of pain....again. The last dog I lost was my beloved cocker spaniel, Taffy, we had her since I was 14 and she lived a long time before dying from breast cancer. This is why it was many years before I could even think about getting another dog, I didn't want to go through that pain again. My mother never did really recover from losing Taffy.

It seems there are many people on these forums who have recently experienced a loss in their family. Big huge hugs to you all.