I'm Old And I Need Help

Merry

My granddaughter recently started her own blog. I dunno...... Anyway, I've tried to post a comment on her blog but I need a google account.

How do I get a google account, and is it safe?

I'm getting too old for this kind of stuff!! :blink:

I'm the same way. I lasted one day on Facebook and gave up. When I first started here about all I could do was add smiley faces. What I have learned, I don't remember how I did it. My daughter is getting me a new computer because this one is over eight years old. I hope I can handle the new one. :blink:

Google is fine and safe. and once you have a google account you can do lots of things. It will act as your YouTube login too, as well as some other things I can't think of right now (I'm old too...)

Go to Google.com, and in the top right corner it will (hopefully) say Log In. Once you click that, the box in the right side will have a place to log in, and a link at the bottom that says Don't have an account, get one. there's also a link in the middle of the page.

I think I have also used my Google ID to log into things that require a Windows Live ID. Or maybe I used my Google ID to get my Windws ID, don't really remember.

When you get your google ID, then you will also have a gmail account, which is nice to have.

Hope this makes sense (and is mostly right)! Good luck!

I'm the same way. I lasted one day on Facebook and gave up. When I first started here about all I could do was add smiley faces. What I have learned, I don't remember how I did it. My daughter is getting me a new computer because this one is over eight years old. I hope I can handle the new one. :blink:

Thank you, Pat. You made me feel better! :)

Google is fine and safe. and once you have a google account you can do lots of things. It will act as your YouTube login too, as well as some other things I can't think of right now (I'm old too...)

Go to Google.com, and in the top right corner it will (hopefully) say Log In. Once you click that, the box in the right side will have a place to log in, and a link at the bottom that says Don't have an account, get one. there's also a link in the middle of the page.

I think I have also used my Google ID to log into things that require a Windows Live ID. Or maybe I used my Google ID to get my Windws ID, don't really remember.

When you get your google ID, then you will also have a gmail account, which is nice to have.

Hope this makes sense (and is mostly right)! Good luck!

Oh my, thank you, Tracy! I'll do it right now!

I'm old AND cranky and do not socially network online (except here).

Is having a Google ID being on a social network? EEK!!!

LOL! Our children and grandchildren keep us young and mentally flexible. Get your Google account and keep up with her blog, you'll have fun once you get the hang of it, methinks. I love Facebook for staying in touch with my sons', nieces', and nephews' adventures. One thing I don't get is Twitter, which sounds like it is only a way to be one kind of groupy or another... but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Is having a Google ID being on a social network? EEK!!!

I hope not as I have one and only use it when working on my blog, somehow I linked it to my Yahoo account so I only need have one email account. I have a Facebook and one other one (can't think of the name) accounts and I'm never ever on it. I really should close it down but I haven't logged on to do that either. LOL

One thing I don't get is Twitter, which sounds like it is only a way to be one kind of groupy or another... but maybe I'm wrong about that.

LOL I always imagined Twitter as a great tool for a stalker...creepy to the extreme. One more reason I don't do it.

A google account is very easy and safe to use. You do have to register with your email address and then come up with a password. I use google .doc as my word processor and it is great. You'll have fun reading her blog and responding to her writings. I try to keep up with all this new modern stuff as it keeps my young..mentally at least. I'm teaching my husband to use email, which I understand is really outdated! :blink: kind of like the antique phone I have hanging by the back door... ring ring, central get me..

No, I don't think so...

It just lets you log into all things Google.

Maybe she was tlaking about the blogging part of it being social stuff. :)

LOL! Our children and grandchildren keep us young and mentally flexible. Get your Google account and keep up with her blog, you'll have fun once you get the hang of it, methinks. I love Facebook for staying in touch with my sons', nieces', and nephews' adventures. One thing I don't get is Twitter, which sounds like it is only a way to be one kind of groupy or another... but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I don't even have a cell phone for crying out loud! I'm only my granddaughter's 3rd follower so I hope I make her happy.

I hope not as I have one and only use it when working on my blog, somehow I linked it to my Yahoo account so I only need have one email account. I have a Facebook and one other one (can't think of the name) accounts and I'm never ever on it. I really should close it down but I haven't logged on to do that either. LOL

Well, I have one now so, hopefully, I'm safe! :p

LOL I always imagined Twitter as a great tool for a stalker...creepy to the extreme. One more reason I don't do it.

I heard on the news yesterday that anything you tweet could be used in a court of law! Egads!!

A google account is very easy and safe to use. You do have to register with your email address and then come up with a password. I use google .doc as my word processor and it is great. You'll have fun reading her blog and responding to her writings. I try to keep up with all this new modern stuff as it keeps my young..mentally at least. I'm teaching my husband to use email, which I understand is really outdated! :blink: kind of like the antique phone I have hanging by the back door... ring ring, central get me..

Next thing for me is a cell phone!!! What's gotten into me?!!! :D

I have Google Chrome as well as IE. I can't upload my pics to the American Girl club on Picasa if I'm on Internet Explorer but can upload them on Google Chrome. I used to be able to do it but Picasa, which is Google, is always doing updates which I don't understand. Makes me crazy. The difference here than the doll club is we have the browse feature. The dollhouse club doesn't. Am I a Google member because I have Google Chrome and Picasa? How do I find out?

I have Google Chrome as well as IE. I can't upload my pics to the American Girl club on Picasa if I'm on Internet Explorer but can upload them on Google Chrome. I used to be able to do it but Picasa, which is Google, is always doing updates which I don't understand. Makes me crazy. The difference here than the doll club is we have the browse feature. The dollhouse club doesn't. Am I a Google member because I have Google Chrome and Picasa? How do I find out?

You're asking me?!! :) Haaeeelp, someone! I know nothing! :blink: