Greenleaf's Fifth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Ugghhh! So feeling that pain. I do and don't have the money (it can always be spent on more responsible items...or not!). I tell myself, "no! not going to do the SF, so just relax and let it go!" and then I find myself ordering items for it on ebay, or researching my idea further online, or picturing items i already have and how they will fit in. So conflicted!

:idea:

The more I read about people getting their kits, the more I want one. It's just past 7:30 pm, so the deadline is sooo close. Still not sure what to do. I want it, but then again....... I have a lot of stuff that I know that I can use to decorate and I didn't have any bashing in mind. What to do.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! The part of the kit I had second thoughts about and decided to order after I had already ordered the kit arrived. I am guessing my original order will arrive today.

Dang, jo, that is disappointing. Any way to glue it back together? I can't wait to see what-ever-you-do in July or August when the pictures are finally posted. I love your work.

I already sent it back to the seller Chris. She's going to send a replacement so my idea may be on after all. However, managing expectations here, I don't think mine is a particularly original idea and I'm sure there will be a few others along the same lines but thats fine because no 2 will look the same despite starting out identical. This kit seems to be so big and versatile that you can incorporate several ideas in the one building. Anyway I made some bits for it today just to get the juices flowing.

Dena, it means that greenleaf has shipped it and it's been picked up by the carrier but the tracking info has not been put into the shippers computers yet. If it says shipped on greenleafs website then it's with fedex or ups already.

That makes sense. Thanks, it makes me feel a bit better about waiting :-)

I got mine on Wednesday, dry fitted in like an hour, and have been on the couch staring at it since.

Its so BIG!! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

If dollhouses talk then mine must have a multiple personality disorder because it won't make up its mind on what it is!

I absolutely love it though :wub:

I would love some suggestions on how to keep the charcoal from the laser cutting off of everything. Do you sand it off?

I had heard other people complain about the edges and having a hard time painting them white. I took a damp paper towel and wiped down all the edges, going over them a few times and had no problems painting them white. Just be aware when taking it out of the box the ash will get all over your fingers, though! It washes off easily and is well worth it not having to punch out all those pieces - they literally fall out of the sheet, it's really awesome!

I got mine today!!! yay!!! and actually smaller than I expected, love the flat box it comes in as i can store it somewhere easy enough....I sooooo want to just sit and play with it! feel like after months of being busy for the show it is my treat, not to make money, just to play, but alas no such luck till i get back from chicago...but i want to play!!!! I was worried when i read about the ash! but i opened it and touched it (and yes the parts fall out easy and go together like a dream) and thought that is not bad at all! but then again i have a woodstove so the ash on this kit is nothing in comparison to touching the stove once!!! LOL

Mine's still not here yet and still, I have 3 count em 3 characters now wanting to move in! How am I going to choose who gets the house?

Lawrdy....

LOL will they be pushing and shoving? I have some growing ideas in my head for who i will make to live there

Bang went the screen door... :wub: It's here, Its here!!! :) I screamed in a really high pitched voice while running to the front door, huh my dh replied (he had headphones on listening to music so he didn't hear the door). Oh happy days!!! And now to go finished clearing off my craft table to make room... My poor Sluggs & Jiggers roombox will just have to be set aside for at least the weekend.

Ok I could cry. This has just been a horrible day. I got home to find that there was no package to be found anywhere. I hunted the yard and porch high and low. I double checked the tracking and it said Delivered left on porch no signature required. Finally called Fedex and they said they would start a trace but honestly they probably wouldn't get back with me till tomorrow.

Like some of you, I am also elbow deep into the dry fit. One of my room layouts is giving me fits. :wub: But, the rest is working out just as I had hoped. :) I am certainly glad for the extra month. Thinking about the long list of stuff to do makes me worry if there will be enough time.

that is horrible it went missing! OUt here where i live sometimes fedex drops it off at the po (15 miles away) rather than drive up our country highway...is that a possibility? i was sure they would do it with mine! came home, looked online, said it was delivered, i looked outside and then noticed the package on my chair in the house (daughter got it)...i was thinking it would be a big box, not a flat box, i was ready to head back to town to the po!!! LOL good luck...that is just sad!!

Brae? are you going to the shows in chicago again? I know I will take what time i can to shop for my project this year!

Mine will be here in the morning and I get tomorrow, and only tomorrow, to work on it. :) We are doing the beach thing on Sunday and taking the kids back to the zoo. Then on Monday, it is back to work and I will have to do a little here and there during nap time and after hours. Sooooo disappointed that it took so long to ship. I could have used this whole week off work to get things done. :grrr: Oh well. At least I have a good chunk of the accessories ready to go in. :wub:

Jealousy for all of you able to go the the TB show!!!

Mine showed up around noon! No tracking or anything so it was a complete surprise. A nice surprise!

I had just enough time to dry fit it before I had to leave. The house went together nicely. The additions are all kinds of bent. I'll give em a couple of days to get use to our humidity then I'll figure out just what I want to do first when I get back. I took some measurements so maybe I can do a bit of crafting to keep me busy.

It looked kinda small sitting there next to the Harrison :wub: