Greenleaf's Fifth Annual Spring Fling Contest

OK Selke so, yours is a Dark Witches Oscillating Science Chamber right?! :p

Got some stuff done on mine today but, talk about slow going! I'm not worried yet but, I do always under estimate how long it really actually takes to completion so, I guess I better get my booty going!

Fling on all!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the clues everyone leaves. Taking a break from mine for a while to get some gardening done and a few other essentials. I'll probably still tinker with accessories though - still haven't got it all glued together yet.

I am still plodding away at mine, doing those things that take forever and seemingly go nowhere!!!! soon though i think I will get to some stages that really give me satisfaction...or i can hope right? Got to hobby lobby the other day and found something I was soooo needing and was kind of dreading having to make LOL it needs work but is perfect for my needs otherwise! And got more popsicle sticks....of course cause i got a box of them my kids were "oooooo i wanna make something!" LOL I figured i could probably spare some out of the 1000 in the box! hoping to play with roof design today before heading up to MILs for the big meal...I am soooooooooooooo thankful my MIL loves to cook! Otherwise we would have sandwiches or something LOL

Had some Easter celebrations today, but I still managed a bit of work at John's place last night. :D Only a few more hours then it is back to the daily grind at the office...might watch a movie and work a bit more to make the most of the vacation.

Ugghhhh! I hate moving! Especially moving into something smaller. I am home all day, alone, and all of my SF stuff is at the back of the stack that we don't have anywhere to put. I did get all of my wallpaper super cheap, though! Luckily with the dimensions of this little building scrapbook paper can be used for the whole project. I'm so excited to get started, but it is only in dry fit and I can't get to it (physically) right now.

For those of you who are worried about not having an "original idea," I am the same way but have decided on a theme that I am excited about building, whether I win or not. Please don't let that stop you and let yourself go with the flow! I can't wait to see everyone's work and different perceptions of this multi-faceted little building. I am always impressed by everyone's work on here, and am sure the results of the SF will exceed expectations. :ohyeah:

I soaked, weighted and let all the warped pieces dry for a week.. I then glued and wouldn't you know it, warped so badly the whole thing tilts. Both additions are unusable at this point. I'm so not having a good time now.

I'm not sure how to fix them other than throwing them against the wall, which is my first choice.

The idea is there and I have supplies but it's hard to do floors on a house where the floor is sticking up so I've gotten no further than putting parts of it together.

Dh said he'd try something this weekend. I hope he can fix it. In the meantime, I'm sewing for a friends baby, much more fun.

Aww Dena, I know how frustrating that can be. Mine is a bit warped too although I'm hoping that when I get it glued together, that will straighten it out. I hope your husband can do something to help.:wave:

I usually glue the bottom floors to a heavier base board - 1/2" plywood - to have room to landscape and to hold the base of the house level. If you didn't want any excess around the house, you still might be able to cut a close base of heavier plywood and glue your first floor to it. That would at least give you a level base floor, which should help pull the walls and upper floors into shape a bit.

Silence here for days! :unsure: Hello? Where is everyone? :hmm: Of course, any update on what I've been doing will give too much away, so maybe you're all hiding like me. :hidebhind: I'm going to cut more wallpaper today...that's safe to mention. But, then there's _______ all the ____ ______ by hand one at a time and the assembling the ________. Fling on!

I'm lurking but just not saying anything as i'm not flinging this year...too much going on in Real Life with my mam moving in i've had to downsize heaps both in mini and real life :D

But i'm watching!!! :popcorn:

Finally started 3 days ago. On the front door........today I decided to put the warped parts between damp towels with a lot of weight on there. I wish I had ordered 2 , I'm so hesitant to do just a little bashing but I so want to put on a c...... to my W......... c...... :ohyeah: love all the hints you're giving so decided to join in. This year I just want to get it finished. I have an addition but I only will build the contest base for now. So happy whe have till the 4th of July. Really great. Happy building and bashing everyone.

I had to take a break for a few days from the SF....had to do serious cleaning, or at least begin! then my eldest (developmentally disabled and lives with me) turned 30 so we spent a couple days making the days about her and playing games etc....then yesterday another goat had 2 baby boys.....but the plan is to work on SF again today, though i really want to get to the P_____ but that cannot be done yet!!! so maybe play with paint colors today, test things and then jump in!!! :banana:

I got a bunch of exterior work done today. A giant paint overhaul! It is coming along so nicely! I'm smitten with it. :D I am hoping to get the entire exterior finished this Sunday. The fam asked what I wanted for Mother's Day and I requested a genuine day OFF. They are supposed to go away all day so I can play, just my mini's and me. :) Looking SOOOOOOO forward to it.

On a frustrating note, I finally figured out how to approach getting my roof to look just the way I wanted it to, but am having a hard time keeping the ________ from _________ and creating the wrong ___________. :hmm: I might have to go and do some creative adjustments at the end.

Just ordered my kits today...a bit late, I know but I am a newbie here and just got the funds yesterday to do this! I am very excited and already have a sketch of what I want to do...looking forward to seeing what our imaginations come up with on this!

Silence here for days! :unsure: Hello? Where is everyone? :hmm:

Travel and work, and all the same ol' excuses here-- but this weekend I'm putting off cleaning the house and getting a bit done on the SF instead! B) Completed a big portion of exterior finish, and moving on to interior now. Can't say anymore tho!

Is anyone able to make blog posts, and attach pics to them?

My SP is at a standstill at the moment. Found out I have to have some oral surgery done but my appointment is not until the 24th. So have been in some pain and it's hard to get motivated. But I really don't have too much more to do on it. I just need some more ideas and of course some more money would help LOL! It will be great to see what everyone's been working on. Sounds like you all are having a great time creating this year.

The more I work on this, the more I love it. There was one situation early on with a shipment from one vendor that took forever to even ship but wow!!!!!! I can sure depend on my long time favorites. Thank you Grandma Holly's Miniatures! You are the best!!! For anyone looking for a great place to find unique, fun, quality items, she is THE source. She has perfect items for several of the different dwellings I can see in this kit. (And no, I am not related to her or paid in any way :) I am simply giving credit where credit is due :)

Why is it that every time I complete one more item on my to do list another seems to appear? Is anyone else having issues with this build demanding we do more and more? Like it has a life of its own and expects to be treated like royalty??? Seriously, it is one thing entirely to build a kit that has a 'finished look' built in. We can always interpret it our way, but, there is something the maker intends for us to see. I really wondered if anyone could pull off a kit like this and I am just blown away every time I look at it. At our house we call it 'Greenleaf's Component System' and I say this kind of kit is the thing of the future for dollhouses. I want to build this one in half scale so bad I can taste it :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone. I hope you all get some 'quality dollhouse time' on your special day. My husband is out of town visiting his Mom this year and my son promised to hang out with me all day and help. I love you son! (oh yea, I love you too hubby, thanks for being the banker)

Morgan

Finished most of the exterior - just bits to do here and there. The interior is about 30% there but its the accessories that I want to make that will take all the time I think. Going on holiday on Tuesday for a couple of weeks so when I get back it will be a mad frenzy to try and meet the deadline. Doesn't matter how much time they give us, most of us will be scrambling to finish on time. Thinking about putting together a holiday mini pack - is that really sad?.

I am all flung out at the moment - one day I love it, the next day I hate it and think I won't actually enter but I'm sure I will at the end of the day. Today is one of those days when I think I chose the wrong theme - anyone else feel like that?

Yes, Jo. I have those moments, too. I had one when I saw Brae's fireplace with the bookcases. What a brilliant piece!

I think everyone's will turn out great though. We all do fabulous work that is enjoyed by many another person. :) I just need to get a move on with accessories and such. Just have to get through Cayce's birthday party next weekend and all will be well (until it is time to go to ID, that is). :nervous: I do think that several of us screwed the pooch by coming up with a grander plan in the longer time frame!!! It's really no extra time at all!!! :lol:

Aw, Lyssa...thanks! :flowers: I am sure we'll all be wowed by your work! I for one can't wait to see that floor!!!!

My structure is still in dry fit...well, actually at the moment it's in pieces again drying flat with the second coat of paint. And, yes, I went with more ambitious plans this time...wondering how it will all get done!

I'm moving at snail’s pace.

So glad we have the extra time this year but fearing that I'll never make it anyway.

Wish there was an option to purchase TIME when we place our SF orders.

Unbeknownest at the time, I used the same color that Brae used on her fireplace throughout my build. Great minds, my twin pea!!!

My Mother's Day has been fabu and full of Flinging. :) I got to go shopping at Michael's last night and brought home quite the haul. James took the kids out to Great Grandma's today (left at 9:30 and still not back at 6:30) so I have managed to knock out a lot. Nearly the entire exterior! All that is left is some.... minor landscaping details. I'll be able to move back to the inside by tonight, I am sure.

That is, if I don't get distracted by my new Wii! :jumping: I are loved today.

Hope everyone else is having a great Sunday, too!!!

Jo, I think it's perfectly rational for you to take some minis along with you. :yes:

So glad you had a good Mother's Day, Lyssa! :D

I helped John host a family party at his place on Sunday, so it was a long day of prepping, serving and cleaning. I did get more work done on the chimney the night before, though. That's the nice thing about egg carton bricks...you can make those just about anywhere. :lol: