Another newbie from Georgia!

Hello All!!!

My name is Jennine and I am a lurker to the nth degree....I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of years - reading posts, browsing the galleries, brewing on ideas.

I ordered a GL Pierce house about three years ago after my husband BEGGED me to (??? I know). At the time I was pregnant and we had just found out it was a girl. We have two older teenage boys, so this was his chance for a little princess and he was going to build this dollhouse for her. We figured she would be 8 or so by the time we were done! LOL... I think we're going to be right.... At least she'll be old enough to play with it by then.

Anywho... here we are after 3 years and it's still in the box. So, mommy is taking over this project and daddy just lost all rights to the design process. It's time to get this party started!

Welcome Jennine! Glad you finally joined! I'm in McDonough, south of the city. When you have time, drive out to Miniature Designs in Lawrenceville. So much fun, and Bev and Ken and the rest of the gang are wonderful! :)

The Pierce is a beautiful house, I know you will have so much fun, and your daughter will love it! Then you can build one for yourself, and another... These houses really should have disclaimers on them warning of their addictiveness!

Have fun, and please show us pictures soon! :(

welcome :-)

good to know you are getting with the kit. I don't know the names of the houses without going to look somewhere.

mine is a shell someone put together possibly home made and I am to make it longer. it's been sitting almost 15 years and finally decided to do this. Working on the shell right now in bathroom area. It can soon go on my special table and I can get the extension built to it. pieces are cut and ready but I broke my arm in Dec and had to hold off. you can see it in my gallery if you haven't already. Now I've decided the kitchen isn't large enough so it can be a pantry and another addition goes on other end. that's it, I've run out of table length. :-)

good luck and hope to see photos soon.

LindaC

Thanks for the greetings all!

Oh bluebear....... that is some dangerous info!!! I looked at their website and I like what I see. Good thing it's a decent drive or I would probably spend way too much money there that I never have in the first place! :)

Hi and welcome Jannine. Glad you decided to take over. But be careful, because once you start this hobby, you can't stop. It's very addicting LOL! Every time I get a new kit, I have to rearrange everything, and find tables to put them on. Good thing my DH is patient and doesn't seem to mind living with dollhouses in almost every room :).

Hi Jennine(and Hubby),welcome to the Greenleaf Forum.As I'm sure you've discovered it's a great site what with so many photos,tips,tutorials,and many new friends to meet! Have fun with your house-take your time......and after you have 5 posts under your belt you can open up an album of your progress.We all love eye candy!! :)

Welcome to the little family, Jennine. I live a bit to the South of you (about halfway between Bainbridge, GA, and Tallahassee, FL). Since you've spent so long in lurkdom, I'm sure you know that in spite of what the instructions say, please do NOT build your Pierce with hot glue. I finished disassembling one last year that had been built with hot glue, during the conversation I was having with a couple of Faifield kits at the time, so I'm just now into rebuilding the Pierce (named Mildred, she's SUCH a diva!) I'm having to build new doors, etc, since not all the doors or trims survived the disassemby process.

• 2 weeks later...